Can you tell the difference between James Polk and Franklin Pierce? Hmm, how about William McKinley and Calvin Coolidge? Fret not, novice presidential historian -- 200 years of men with powered wigs, bushy facial hair and/or stern smirks can all blur together in the old noggin.
[More from Mashable: 11 Pets With Real-Life Careers]
Consider this your opportunity to acquaint yourself with the faces of past U.S. presidents just in time for the inauguration. And to make this whole "learning" thing more fun, we've pinpointed the oddest presidential doppelgangers this side of Pennsylvania Ave.
1. Chicken McNugget and George Washington
[More from Mashable: Go Home, Folks — Joe Biden Won the Internet Today]
2. Potato and Lyndon Johnson
3. Adventure Time Jake and Theodore Roosevelt
4. Decorative Llama Plate and William Howard Taft
5. Kiwano Melon and John Tyler
6. Colonel Meow and Martin Van Buren
Honorable mention: Uncle Traveling Matt from Fraggle Rock
7. Eggplant and Richard Nixon
8. Tortoise and Zachary Taylor
9. Stapler and John Quincy Adams
10. Guy Holding Goatskin Pelt and Benjamin Harrison
11. Clouds and Abraham Lincoln
12. Vintage Gold Miner Doll and Rutherford B. Hayes
Inauguration of Abraham Lincoln, March 4, 1861
Image courtesy of Library of Congress
This story originally published on Mashable here.
- Politics & Government