For anyone who has ever used his or her Android tablet and wished that it could double as a desktop-style device, PengPod has a product just for you. Ars Technica reports that the new PengPod tablet, which runs both Android and Linux, has met its crowd-sourced fundraising goals and will so on sale in January for $120 a 7-inch model and $185 for a 10-inch model. According to Ars, the tablet will be able to “dual-boot Android 4.0 and a version of Linux with the touch-friendly KDE Plasma Active interface.” Overall, the tablet received funding of nearly $73,000, or around 49% more than the $49,000 that the company had been seeking.
Explore Related Content
- Samsung debuts two new Galaxy Tab 3 tablets for June launch
- $99 Android tablets could begin launching this year
- Apple debuts refreshed MacBook Air lineup to fight declining …
- Twitter’s video-sharing app ‘Vine’ now available for Android
- Now everyone can have the best Android keyboard in the world
- Facebook tells users how to run away from Home
- APPLE EVENT: Apple updates software, MacBooks
- Comparison test of iPhone 5 vs. Android …KGO – San Francisco
More Tech News
- NYC heir, 89, to hear whether he'll go to prison
NEW YORK (AP) — An 89-year-old heir could end up in prison after a court date on his 11th-hour bid for a new trial in a case that shook New York society.
- Zimmerman jurors reveal personal details
SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — One potential juror at George Zimmerman's second-degree murder trial belongs to the National Rifle Association. Another says she was the victim of a violent crime that is constantly on her mind. A third is a competitive arm-wrestler.
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Police: Paraplegic castrated at Philly facility
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A 41-year-old man is being held on $5 million bail after police say he castrated a paraplegic during a dispute at an assisted living facility in Philadelphia.
- Brothers run at bear to save younger sister
A family had a close encounter with a bear while celebrating Father's Day during a camping trip in Wyoming, NBC-2 reports. The Kelly family had a relaxing Sunday morning breakfast, but apparently they didn't clean up as well as they initially thought. According to NBC-2, a bit of bacon grease was still on the campground [...]
- Charlie Sheen Really Did Get Selma Blair Fired
Today in celebrity news: Selma Blair is off Anger Management, Paula Deen said some pretty bad things, and Adam Levine has a perfume.
- Father sentenced for binding kids outside Wal-Mart
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — A suburban Chicago man was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in prison for binding and blindfolding two of his children a year ago in a Wal-Mart parking lot in eastern Kansas.
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?