BATH, Maine (AP) — Three people have been hospitalized and one person is unaccounted for after an apparent home explosion, a fire chief said Tuesday.
Chief Steve Hinds said the duplex was on fire when crews arrived on the scene at about 5 a.m.
"I heard the boom and looked out the window," said Rashell Alfalsalawi, who lives fewer than 100 feet away and was awakened by the explosion. "There was no house and debris falling everywhere, and a fire."
She said clothes, wood, ashes, sticks and other debris came raining down and she was worried for her safety.
Hinds told WMTW-TV he suspects the fire was started by a propane or natural gas explosion.
He said there is a quarter-mile debris field.
An investigator with the state Fire Marshal's office was on the way to the scene.
No names were immediately released.
Information from: WMTW-TV, http://www.wmtw.com
- Home & Garden
- Disasters & Accidents