Make a wish, Prince William. You turn 30 on Thursday.
To celebrate the big 3-0, we asked commoners here across the pond to craft 30 birthday greetings, suggestions, salutations and heart's desires -- all in 30 words or less.
What do you think William should wish for? Leave your thoughts in the comments field.
* What does a prince wish for on his birthday? Be left alone, if only for a day. -- Threesia Goff
* Whether prince, duke, king or commoner, life is thirty up and thirty down. You've made it to the top of the hill. The downside journey should be much easier. -- Carol Rucker
* Happy birthday, Prince William, from an old Yank who shares the same birthday. I'll trade you my wisdom at 69 for your energy at 30. Keep on being FABULOUS! -- Mary Ann Sorrentino
* Your thirtieth birthday -- have not any cares!
In these times of confusion, gallantry is rare.
Yet your dignity, compassion and integrity are great,
Blessings to you, young Lupo and Kate. -- Hannah E. Trotter
* Prince William should wish for the Duchess of Cambridge to bear him a royal heir. Being Prince is probably fun, but being a father is the greatest adventure of all. -- Joe Capristo
* So what will England's heir wish for June 21? To use his influence for good, some privacy, and a baby. Maybe. Tight-lipped, that one. -- Pilar Clark
* These wishes will bring you happiness: all the right words when the cameras are pointed your way, wisdom to stay out of trouble, and good humor to keep Kate entertained. -- Kristen Dyrr
* Victoria's long reign
Diana's grace -- Nancy Almann
* For his 30th birthday, Prince William should wish for more privacy and stricter regulations for the British paparazzi, so that the terrible fate of his mother doesn't repeat itself. -- Becca Swanson
* Even with his wealth, royal linage and unlimited resources, I imagine Prince William wishes for that singular something that eluded his mother and father, a happy a successful marriage. -- William Ray Fullmer
* Happy birthday to the heir of the throne. Enjoy your special day and tell Harry to give me a call the next time he is throwing a party! -- Joe Tuborg
* He's no different than the rest of us, so he should wish for a long life with good health, bountiful blessings… and the strength to weather the storm! -- Emilia Zs Rak
* You are in a unique position and hold incredible, world-changing power. I hope you have the courage to use your tremendous influence to make the world a better place. -- Michael C. Jones
* You should wish for continued wisdom and experience. Your mother would be so proud of you. -- Tara M. Clapper
* On his 30th birthday, Prince William should wish that Prince Charles will succeed Queen Elizabeth, giving Will and Kate additional time to live without the constraint of excessive royal duties. -- Mary Carol Herwood
* One entire day, twenty-four glorious hours, all to himself: no photographers, reporters, family duties, or obligations. What a dream! -- Dori Starnes
* Happy birthday, Prince William from the USA! Your dear grandmother has certainly done an admirable job in her reign, but here's hoping you will soon get to be the king. -- Michael Taylor
* Prince William is classy, respectable and admirable, but not because he's royalty. For his 30th birthday, he should wish that his future children share these qualities. -- Jolie du Pre
* Cherish today by remembering yesterday. Live today as if tomorrow won't come. -- Edwin Torres
* Happy birthday! Now blow out those candles and secretly wish you could demand that everyone address you by your full name (William Arthur Philip Louis Mountbatten-Windsor) for the entire year! -- Gail Kemeliotis* Ignoring privilege, and in spite of tragedy, you live a life of honor and character. All of England, and your late mother, are proud of you. Happy birthday, Prince William. -- Dave Weaver
* May you continue to possess the same charisma, and be given the same affection, that were yours as a tiny baby in Princess Diana's arms, being introduced to the world. -- Roberta Lage
* Prince William should wish for a promotion through the Royal Air Force and for a bouncing baby boy to carry on his name. -- Kayla Jackson
* On your journey to ascension, I hope that your private life overflows with tranquility, harmony and love. With such a firm foundation, the grueling public life should be easier. LLTK! -- Morris Armstrong
* I wish that somebody would give Prince William the name and number of Wayne Rooney's hair plug guy. That, or the return of puffy white wigs for English royalty. -- Danielle Dauenhauer
* The search for the grace and compassion of his mother, Princess Diana, would be the most appropriate of all birthday wishes for a prince and man of England. -- Robert Watkins
* As a search-and-rescue pilot and a British royal, Prince William's 30th birthday wish may very well be clear skies, a calm sea, civil relatives and a nice cup of tea. -- Katie Anderson
- Royal Families
- Prince William
- Princess Diana