Did you miss out on any of the awesome paid iPhone and iPad apps we’ve shared with you over the past few days that have gone on sale for free for a limited time? Don’t worry… we’ve got five more for you today. Supporting developers by paying for good apps is very important, but it’s difficult to resist a good sale every now and then. So get your iPhones and iPads ready, and be sure to download anything that looks appealing as soon as possible because these sales could end soon.
These are paid iPhone and iPad apps that have been made available for free for a limited time by their developers. There is no way to tell how long they will be free. These sales could end an hour from now or a week from now — obviously, the only thing we can guarantee is that they are free at the time this post is published. If you click on a link and see a price listed next to an app instead of the word “free,” it is no longer free. The sale has ended. If you download the app, you will be charged.
Downloader for Soundcloud
Soundcloud is home to all the music you could ever want to listen to, and this nifty app will let you download it and play it all for free. Happy hunting.
Simple and easy app to listen your favorite SoundCloud tracks even when you are offline. Create playlists and save tracks to listen to them later. No login required.
Downloader for Soundcloud is normally $1.99 but it’s free if you move quickly.
Download Downloader for Soundcloud
Swipesight is a photo editor that includes filters much like the ones you’ve seen in a million other iOS photo editors, but there’s a twist: This app lets you browse your photos will a filter applied to all of them, and then you can save the ones you like.
1. Choose a filter effect.
2. Start browsing all your photos with the filter effect applied.
3. Save or share the photo you like.
Hope you will enjoy it.
Normally $1.99, Swipesight is free right now for a limited time.
Actions for iPad
This awesome iPad-only app will become your command center for controlling anything and everything on a Windows or OS X PC.
Actions transforms your device in a smart and customizable controller for your Mac or PC, revolutionizing the axioms of computer interaction.
Drop the uneffective experience of navigating menus or learning always new and abstruse shortcuts, touch your workflow and keep focus on your task.
With Actions your most used commands are always at reach, in the form of a button, and the right ones are automatically served to you in the right context.
Change app from you iPad or computer and you will always get the right set of actions for your current application.
Compose your own sets for any software using the many action types available, such as shortcuts, system or media commands, snippets and much more. Customize them with different colors and icons. (+900!)
Love the easy way? Load entire sets or single software actions from the many presets available.
Actions covers universal and professional needs. It can both improve your workflow with hi-end software and day to day activities involving email clients and browsers; or even idly control iTunes or Vlc remotely from the warm side of your couch.
Embrace the new and step into the future of computer interaction.
Compose your palette choosing from a wide variety of actions:
• system commands
• media controls
• windows handling
• launch webpages
• create email templates
• text snippets
• Mac & Win compatibility
• Wi-fi syncing with auto-reconnection
• Works in landscape and portrait
• Organize your actions in Sets and Subsets
• Highly customizable (Sizes, Colors & Icons)
• 900 icons to choose from for your touchpads
• Multitouch gestures for most used actions
• Automatic set switching
• Target actions to a specific app
• Backup and exchange your sets with your friends
• Dropbox Sync
• Built in presets for the most popular applications, such as:
Ableton Live, Adobe After Effects, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop, Aperture, Evernote, Excel, Internet Explorer, Final Cut, Finder, Firefox, Garageband, Chrome, iCal, iMovie, iPhoto, iTunes, Keynote, Logic Pro, Mail, Notes, Numbers, Outlook, Pages, Pixelmator, Powerpoint, Reeder, Reminders, Safari, TextEdit, Vlc, Word, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Windows Media Player
*IMPORTANT NOTE: Not all listed presets are available for both Mac and Windows platforms
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard/Lion/Mountain Lion
- Windows XP/Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 beta support (running iTunes)
- iPad and computer must be on the same Wi-Fi network
All of that great functionality typically costs $3.99, but this cool app is free right now.
Download Actions for iPad
Are you looking for cool retro photo filters for pictures on your iPhone or iPad? Look no further.
Filterloop has everything you need to create a stunning photo, while keeping the interface simple and uncluttered. This hand-picked selection of tasteful filters and analog film effects is your new little photo-editing secret!
Each skillfully crafted photo filter is designed not to change but to enhance the look of your images. Mixing and matching the original and signature filters allows for a virtually endless number of possible combinations, producing amazing results every time you use the app. Add some grainy film textures, colorful light leaks or other natural elements to emulate real-life film shots. Fine tune your photo to perfection with the help of image adjustment tools.
Go bold and experiment with each new pic or figure out your own perfect effects formula – it’s up to you to decide how you use Filterloop!
* 18 original + 14 premium photo filters
* Signature pack including 28 unique filters created by professional photographers
* Over 100 analog film textures, grain, and light leaks
* Mix&match effects to discover amazing filter loops!
* Adjustment tools including contrast, sharpness, saturation, and brightness
* In-built camera: take a photo and edit it right away
* Rectangular or square camera mode
* Instantly post to Instagram, Facebook or Twitter or export pics to other apps
Filterloop Pro is normally a $0.99 download but right now it’s free.
Download Filterloop Pro
Altimeter GPS Hike Tracker
This great hike tracker puts all of the information you need front and center. It really is a must-have for hiking enthusiasts.
Get your elevation, climb rate and much more, wherever you are!
Retina Display graphics for iPhone 4-4s, 5, 5S ,5C
- Imperial and Metric unit settings.
- Altiude calibrate refresh button.
- GPS accuracy indicator.
- GPS distance accuracy indicator.
- Time elapsed.
- Average speed.
- Max speed.
- Speed tracking in mph or km/h based on MPH or KM/H mode.
- Distance tracking in miles or kilometers based on MPH or KM/H mode.
- Time tracking.
- Tracking location on map.
- Ability to turn tracking off/on.
- Longitude, latitude coordinates.
- Satellite maps mode.
- Hybrid maps mode.
- Standard maps mode.
- Tracking location changes trajectory.
- Shows device real-time orientation to magnetic fields.
- Ability to switch between true and magnetic North.
- Location coordinates (longitude, latitude).
- Start, end points, coordinates link email sending
- Map screenshot email sending
- SMS your location link
This great app is a bargain at $1.99 but you can get it for free if you act fast.
Download Altimeter GPS Hike Tracker
This article was originally published on BGR.com
- Technology & Electronics