Another day, another batch of awesome paid iPhone and iPad apps that can be downloaded for free if you act fast. Different app makers are constantly offering their paid apps for free in an effort to drum up some extra interest, but sifting through all of those apps can be a tiring task. Luckily, BGR is happy to do the heavy lifting for you. Today we have six nifty apps to tell you about, but remember: These sales often last for just a short time, so be sure to act quickly if you see anything you like.
Services like Pandora and Spotify can be great for discovering new music, but sometimes you get in a rut and need new ways to find great bands you’ve never heard of before. Discovr Music could be just what the doctor ordered.
Discover artists similar to your favorite bands with our interactive music maps.
Read bios, check out songs, & videos.
Play 30 second samples of the most popular songs.
Watch music videos from YouTube.
Share your music maps.
This great universal iPhone and iPad app is normally $3.99, but it’s free if you act fast.
Download Discovr Music
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but sometimes a few creatively placed words can really help get your message across. Some cool frames and other effects can also help, we suppose.
Take framing of your pictures and videos to a whole new level. BubbleFrame 2 now gives you more creative control than ever before with intuitive features not found in any other app.
- Shape your own frames from circles, ovals, squares, or rectangles that you customize.
- Fill your shapes with your favorite videos and photos.
- Add straight text or unique text around your shape frames.
With BubbleFrame 2 you have complete control of every design aspect from beginning to end.
Create. Inspire. Share. BubbleFrame 2.
BubbleFrame is typically a $1.99 download and it’s compatible with both the iPhone and iPad.
There are many solid options for iOS password managers that safely store your passwords and other sensitive data securely, but they all come at a price. iPIN, however, is free for a limited time.
You have to remember several PINs and passwords? For various credit cards, online-banking, security-token, email accounts and so on?
iPIN – and your PINs and passwords are always at hand. Access at lightning speed, as secure as possible and – if you like – also in synch via iCloud at any time on your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad and your Mac OS devices!
The highlight: login with the sensor keyboard
With an innovative sensor keyboard you’ll have quick access to all your PINs – without any annoying and time-killing passwords. Just remember a geometrical shape, a digit, an alphabetic character or an individual sensor combination and set up your private sensor code.
You can simply touch a sensor or swipe across multiple sensors at once. Naturally, combinations are allowed and should be used to make your sensor code as secure as possible. The first touch activates the sensor, and with a second touch the sensor becomes deactivated. You can activate and deactivate the sensors as often as you like. Your individual sensor code is calculated by the order in which you have activated and deactivated the sensors and in which way the sensors have been activated and deactivated: single touch or swipe.
Security is of greatest importance! All data (including the data in iCloud if you enable iCloud synchronisation in iPIN) is encrypted with the Advanced Encryption Standard and a key length of 256 bit (abbreviated AES-256). With this state-of-the-art encryption algorithm your private data is protected from unauthorized access – even in the case your iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Mac gets into the wrong hands.
KISS – keep it simple and secure
iPIN tries to fulfill the KISS principle. iPIN was developed to store and display PINs and passwords – no more and no less. So the focus is on simplicity, clarity and high level of security.
This universal app usually sells for $3.99 but you can download it for free right now.
Wait a minute. Didn’t we just feature Recordium in one of these posts a couple of days ago? You’re right, we did — but it has just gone on sale again and it’s such a great app that we wanted to bring it to your attention in case you missed it last time.
Recordium is a powerful yet elegant recording app designed for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Recordium lets you highlight the track while playing or recording audio, helping you focus on the most important parts of your recordings.
Attachments such as notes, tags, and pictures can be easily added to any part of the recording. This enables searching among your recordings, allowing you quick access to the most important and highlighted parts of your tracks.
Recordium’s intuitive user interface, smooth playback, and multiple options for customizing the size and quality of the recordings using various compression algorithms are among the features that make this app an essential tool for everybody, especially students, journalists and musicians.Recordium, See what you hear!
High Quality Recording
◦ 3 adjustable sampling rates (8, 22, 44.1 kHz) to manage the size and quality of the recording
◦ 4 different recording formats : WAV, CAF, AIFF, MP4
◦ Special MP4 Compression format : (e.g. record 1 hour in less than 30MB)Powerful Recording
◦ Record and playback in the background
◦ Pause while recording
◦ Interruption protection enables you to continue recording after answering a phone call
◦ Auto-Save ensures that you never lose any recording
◦ Record all you need with no time limit on recording
◦ Enhanced recording volume to better capture voices from far distances
◦ Auto-Pause decreases file sizes by skipping conversation gaps Powerful
◦ Upload your recordings to Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote and other cloud apps
◦ Email your recordings directly from Recordium
◦ Transfer your recordings to your computer using Wi-Fi Sync
◦ iTunes file sharingFile Management
◦ Search by titles, tags and notes
◦ Quickly play recordings from the files’ list
◦ Useful file & folder management system
◦ Change file and folder names during recording or playback
◦ Add, delete, move, and rename your recording files
◦ Have a detailed view of your recordings’ information including size, duration and date
Import Multiple Formats
◦ Import audio formats including:MP4, WAV, AIFF, and CAF
◦ Highly sensitive waveform
◦ Zoom in and out and navigate visually with the touchable waveform
◦ Variable playback speed with optional pitch correction
◦ Optional forwarding or rewinding including 5, 10, 15 and 20 seconds
Highlight the Audio
◦ Highlight important parts of the track while recording or during playback
◦ Edit the highlighted parts on the touchable waveform easily
◦ Tag recordings with as many tags as you desire
◦ Add multiple notes to various parts of the track
◦ Attach pictures to any part of the track (from the camera or device gallery)
◦ Preview your annotations through a single tap
◦ Move annotations through the track easily
◦ Edit or delete annotations’ contents with a single tapEditing Tools
◦ Trim/cut any unnecessary parts of your recordings
◦ Snip any part of a track and create a new file
◦ Delete any part, even from the middle of a track
◦ It brings convenient access to all your recordings on your iPhone or iPad.
This awesome sound recorder for the iPhone and iPad is normally a hefty $6.99, but it’s currently free for a limited time.
Discovr Movies is just like the Discovr Music app we told you about earlier in this post, but for movies.
There are so many movies in the world today. How do you find a new movie to watch? Discovr Movies makes it easy to find a new movie that you’ll like.
The app is an interactive map of the world of movies. It makes it fun to discover new movies to watch. You can navigate through the entire interconnected ecosystem of hundreds of thousands of movies and find new movies that are similar to movies that you like.
Discovr Movies is out now for iPhone, iPad, and Mac OSX.
Discovr is brought to you by Filter Squad, makers of three Number 1 apps in US, Japan, Australia & Europe. If you like Discovr Movies then check out Discovr Music and Discovr Apps which are also available now.
How to use:
Single tap to see similar movies.
Double tap to see movie details
Tap & Hold for more options.
Discovr Movies is normally $3.99 for the iPhone and iPad, but it’s free right now.
Download Discovr Movies
Looking for a no-frills text editor with a unique interface and all of the core features you could possibly need? This app might be perfect for you.
Daedalus Touch is the first truly next-gen text editor on iOS. No file lists, no folders, no documents in the classic sense – just paper stacks and an infinite amount of sheets. You navigate by standard gestures, all perfectly mapped and matched to the tasks at hand.
Interacting with digital texts never felt so natural: Flick through pages by swiping left and right, reorder stacks and sheets via drag’n’drop, use tap to open, pinch to close, and select multiple sheets for export with simple taps.
Watch it all at http://www.daedalusapp.com/
The basic version fully utilizes iCloud to keep your texts updated across all of your devices. It’s also tightly integrated with Ulysses for OS X, so you can edit all your texts on the desktop. A simple export facility lets you print and send emails from within the app.
For advanced functionality, several in-app purchases are available:
1) Full synchronization via Dropbox, Box.com and WebDAV, including the option to import .txt and .md files into Daedalus.
2) File export, creating TXT-, PDF-, RTF- and ePub-files with Markdown conversion. Files can be sent as attachments or opened in other apps installed on your device.
3) Additional color themes and the option to use any font you want.
4) All of the above in one complete package.
Please note that users who purchased Daedalus prior to 1.7 will get the full version at no additional cost. Free lunch.
Create, share and synchronize your writings in a beautiful, inspiring environment. Daedalus Touch completely ditches the technical aspects of current-gen text editors and word processors in favor of a natural, fully realized paper stack metaphor.
- Stacks and sheets instead of folders and files.
- Manual sorting of stacks and sheets (no, really).
- Always-on global search. Modeless match highlighting; result stepper.
- Responsive editor, even for large texts (20.000 words and more).
- Highly configurable extra keyboard row, including Fwd-Del and Tab.
- Character- and word count.
- Built-in support for TextExpander touch.
- Built-in web browser to quickly look up or post stuff on the internet (iPad only)
- Support for x-callback-url (Drafts, Launch Center pro etc.).
- Full iCloud sync and backup.
- Export via email and iTunes sharing
- Manual sync with Dropbox, Box.com and/or WebDAV; import folders, set remote sync-folders, sync single stacks, set cloud services on-the-fly.
- File export via email and iOS’ “Open in…” service.
- Unlimited font choices, four different color choices (including a “night” mode for writing at… well, night).
- Support for all common Markdown extensions such as .md, .mdown and .markdown.
- Option to process Markdown when exporting to ePub or PDF.
- Universal app, runs on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
- Built for iOS 7.
Daedalus Touch for the iPhone and iPad is a bargain at $0.99, but it’s free right now for a short time.
Download Daedalus Touch
This article was originally published on BGR.com
- Technology & Electronics