Reports dating back more than a year have suggested that Apple (AAPL) is working on a streaming music offering similar to the services provided by Pandora (P) or Spotify, and chatter resurfaced late Thursday. The Wall Street Journal cited multiple unnamed sources in claiming that Apple is currently holding talks with music labels to offer such a service. Earlier reports suggested the service would be tied to iTunes, and the Journal notes that it would be available across Apple’s range of computers and mobile devices, and possibly also on Windows PCs. A recent Nielsen survey found that more adults use Pandora to listen to music than iTunes.
Explore Related Content
- Apple's Streaming Music Service Set for Launch, Says Report
- Apple’s iTunes Radio is finally here! Time to start your free …
- Look Out: Apple's Streaming Music Service Is Coming Very Soo …
- Apple’s iRadio could debut next week – will it outgun Spotify …
- Three Features Apple’s Rumored Streaming Music Service Probably …
- Apple signs deal with Warner for streaming music: reports
- Apple to sell audio ads on 'iRadio' music service: sources
- Apple WWDC roundup: iTunes Radio, iOS …CBSTV Videos
More Tech News
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- CBO: About 8 million would gain legal status under Senate immigration bill
WASHINGTON (AP) — CBO: About 8 million would gain legal status under Senate immigration bill .
- Justin Bieber Maybe Shouldn't Drive Cars Anymore
Oh lord. Another day, another incident involving teen menace Justin Bieber and one of his expensive vroom-vrooms. It seems that Justin Bieber was involved in a traffic incident last night that had police questioning him about a possible a hit-and-run situation. Justin was leaving the Laugh Factory last night in his Ferrari and apparently hit a dude who was standing in the street. Bieber didn't stop to check on him, leading police to think it might have been a hit-and-run. ...
- Can fetuses masturbate?
To rally support for his anti-abortion bill, Rep. Michael Burgess of Texas tells Congress that fetuses can feel pleasure
- GOP Congressman Wants to Ban Abortion to Save Masturbating Fetuses
In a preview of the many pronouncements to come on the floor of Congress as the House debates a legislative ban on all abortions after 20 weeks, allow us to introduce you to Rep. Michael Burgess (R-Texas), who believes that abortion should be banned earlier than the Supreme Court says it should because, in part, he knows fetuses feel pain. He knows this because he says he's seen male fetuses begin masturbating in the womb around 15 weeks into a pregnancy.
- Edward Snowden wants everyone to stop talking about his girlfriend [PHOTOS]
Alleged National Security Administration whistle-blower Edward Snowden would like for everyone to stop talking about his hot girlfriend, thank you very much. (RELATED: Here is the NSA whistle blower’s alleged girlfriend)
- Playmate admits helping boyfriend in US illegally
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — A former Playboy Playmate has admitted helping her Canadian boyfriend after he illegally entered the United States in northern New York last summer.