Following the court’s ruling that Samsung (005930) infringed upon Apple’s (AAPL) patents, the Cupertino-based company has now requested a preliminary injunction against eight Samsung smartphones in the United States. The devices in question include the Galaxy S 4G, AT&T (T) and T-Mobile’s Galaxy S II, the Galaxy S II Epic 4G, the Galaxy S Showcase, the DROID Charge, the Galaxy Prevail and the Galaxy S II Skyrocket. According to The Verge, in order for Apple to successfully have the devices banned it must convince the court that the company face irreparable harm if sales were allowed to continue. The court is scheduled to address the injunction in a hearing set for September 20th.
Explore Related Content
- Galaxy S5 will reportedly be Samsung’s first all-metal smart …
- Galaxy S4 helped Samsung outsell Apple for the first time since …
- A handy guide to Samsung’s insane array of Galaxy devices
- Galaxy S4 sales again said to be slowing
- HTC One seen settling into third place behind iPhone 5, Galaxy …
- ITC rules for Samsung, bans iPhone 4 imports
- Video: Samsung’s latest killer Galaxy S4 ad
- T-Mobile AdYahoo! Advertising
More Tech News
- Prison for Ohio woman who buried mom in yard
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A woman who quit her job to care for her elderly mother felt at a loss to support herself when the older woman died so she buried her in the yard of their Florida home and lived off her mother's Social Security checks for 14 years, her lawyers and federal authorities say.
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Police: Paraplegic castrated at Philly facility
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A 41-year-old man is being held on $5 million bail after police say he castrated a paraplegic during a dispute at an assisted living facility in Philadelphia.
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Stacy Keibler: How I Lost Weight Without Working Out
Stacy Keibler was able to lose weight without even working out - but it was far from easy!
- Father sentenced for binding kids outside Wal-Mart
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — A suburban Chicago man was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in prison for binding and blindfolding two of his children a year ago in a Wal-Mart parking lot in eastern Kansas.
- Feds find possible remains at NYC mobster's home
NEW YORK (AP) — The FBI has found possible human remains in a dig at the New York City house once occupied by a famous gangster.
- 3 charged in Ohio with enslaving mother, daughter
CLEVELAND (AP) — Three Ohioans are accused of enslaving a mentally disabled young mother and her daughter over two years.