A woman from Oklahoma City was found dead in the trunk of her car in suburban St. Louis after her baby was found abandoned four days ago. A missing persons case became a possible murder investigation when authorities in Breckenridge Hills, Mo., found the body of Ebony Jackson in the trunk of her car Tuesday afternoon in a mostly vacant neighborhood. Jackson's 3-month-old baby was found abandoned in an apartment complex in the same area Friday morning.
* Jackson was living in Oklahoma City with her boyfriend, according to the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. The last time anyone saw the 30-year-old woman alive was Thursday night around 10 p.m. in East St. Louis, Ill. The mother went to show off her baby to her aunt who wasn't home at the time. Jackson told a neighbor she needed a place to stay for the night and left.
* An autopsy is pending. A cause of death wasn't immediately known. The state of the body in the car's trunk wasn't revealed to the media, nor was a motive for any possible crime against Jackson.
* The morning following Jackson's trip to East St. Louis, her baby was found alone in a hallway of an apartment complex in Breckenridge Hills. KSDK reveals authorities aren't sure why the baby was there since the mother had no ties to that part of town.
* The father of the baby, Craig Prom, drove from Oklahoma City to St. Louis to try to take custody of the baby. The child is in the state's care pending paternity tests, according to the Post-Dispatch .
* Jackson's vehicle, a white 2004 Mitsubishi, was located using a GPS tracker. Police obtained a warrant to activate the GPS system in the car. KTVI reports the family is asking for help to find "these soul-less, callous... persons" who would kill Jackson.
* The last time the victim made contact with anyone was a phone call indicating Jackson was in Fairview Heights, Mo., with a friend. No one knows why the mother was there.
* KSDK reveals family friend Eric Shepard, one of the last people to see Jackson alive, said she was "in good spirits" and "wasn't hurt or harmed." Shepard believes "some kind of foul play" happened between East St. Louis and Breckenridge Hills.
* News9.com in Oklahoma City reveals the dead woman had a history of arrests in Oklahoma. Jackson had been arrested three times since 2005. One incident involved assault on a police officer. Her most recent run-in with the the law was Nov. 27 when she was arrested for shoplifting items from a local Wal-Mart by hiding merchandise in her baby's stroller.
* The victim battle brain tumors since she was a teenager and is an only child. Jackson's mother lives in Colorado, the same state where the Mitsubishi car was registered.
* Breckenridge Hills is a suburban area with a population of around 5,000 residents just south of Lambert International Airport and northwest of St. Louis.
William Browning, a lifelong Missouri resident, writes about local and state issues for the Yahoo! Contributor Network. Born in St. Louis, Browning earned his bachelor's degree in English from the University of Missouri. He currently resides in Branson.
- Crime & Justice
- Politics & Government