Some people clip the occasional coupon while there are those who save a lot, all the time.
Today "Good Morning America" revealed some of the secrets of extreme money savers.
Here are some tips:
- When you shop online, use a shopping portal like Ebates.com that allows you to get a cash rebate for what you buy on participating retailers' websites.
- Give yourself the gift of a gift card. Some grocery stores give points towards items like free gas for every dollar you spend.
- Use coupons after you buy. Free apps like Ibotta allow you to get coupon-sized savings even after you make your purchase.
- Shop online sites that buy back returned merchandise. Shopping on these sites, like Secondipity.com, allow you to buy the merchandise at greatly reduced prices, as much as 75 percent off.
- Fastest way to save $1,000 in a year? Answer: Bring lunch to work twice a week.
- On average, how much can you save by making a homemade roast chicken dinner for four, instead of going to your favorite fast food restaurant? Answer: About $14
- On average, a coupon user who clips for 20 minutes a week can, in a year, expect to save how much on grocery bills? Answer: $1,000.
- True or false: Having properly inflated tires can improve your fuel efficiency and save you money. Answer: True. Having tires that are under-inflated by about 10 pounds per square inch decreases fuel efficiency by about 1.5 miles per gallon. Having properly inflated tires improves fuel economy and mileage.
- Hobbies & Personal Activities