The Cutline
  • Normally, interviews with Matt Lauer don't end in tears. But on the "Today" show on Tuesday, Christie Brinkley was driven to the brink of them while discussing ongoing drama surrounding her divorce from Peter Cook.

    The 58-year-old former supermodel said she was reluctant to talk about her case but wanted to clear the air before a promotional tour for her return to Broadway in the musical, "Chicago."

    "This is the first time I've ever been on a show, and I'm really here because next week I'm going to start promoting 'Chicago' and this became such a big deal," Brinkley said. "Since the day that he realized that I wasn't coming back, there has been a real character assassination going on. I asked for and got a confidentiality agreement with the original divorce. I alone have maintained the confidentiality agreement. I had [been] offered, you know, a sympathetic show from Oprah. [Former NBC president] Jeff Zucker offered me an hour in prime time. You know, everybody asked me to come on. I did not want to do it."

    Cook claims Brinkley is using the divorce to promote her role in "Chicago."

    "The show that I'm in, 'Chicago: The Musical,' is the longest-running show on Broadway, Brinkley told Lauer. "They've managed pretty well without, you know, using the Peter Cook press machine. It's silly."

    Read More »from Christie Brinkley driven to brink of tears in Matt Lauer interview (VIDEO)
  • French special police leave the area following the shootout, March 22, 2012. (Bob Edme/AP)

    Al Jazeera confirmed on Tuesday that its Paris office received from an anonymous source video footage that appears to show last week's shooting spree in Toulouse, Franceand said the network would not televise it.

    "The Al Jazeera Paris received a video from an anonymous source yesterday entitled 'Al Qaeda attaque la France' that appears to show the recent killings in Toulouse and Montauban," a spokesman for the network said in a statement to Yahoo News. "Given its contents, we immediately passed the video on to the French police as we were duty bound to do and they are conducting their investigation."

    The video, he added, "does not add any information that is not already in the public domain, its news channels will not be broadcasting any of its contents."

    French president Nicholas Sarkozy and other officials had pleaded with media to not air the footage, according to the BBC. The footage was sent to Al Jazeera on a USB drive with a letter claiming the attacks were inspired by al-Qaida.

    The network said it had received numerous requests from media outlets for copies of the video, but that "all such requests are being declined."

    Read More »from Toulouse shooting: Al Jazeera will not air video footage from ‘killer’s point of view’
  • After making the rounds on the morning show circuit, George Zimmerman's lawyer, Craig Sonner, was supposed to appear on Lawrence O'Donnell's primetime show on Monday night. But according to MSNBC, Sonner walked out of a remote Orlando studio shortly before the segment, leaving O'Donnell in the lurch.

    After a rant about the cancellation ("He wasn't going to get out of here with an easy interview!") O'Donnell went ahead with his list of interview questions for Sonner anyway.

    "Who is paying you?" a heated O'Donnell asked the empty chair. "Did you represent [Zimmerman] when he was arrested for assault on a police officer in 2005? Were you his lawyer then? Did you represent him in the domestic violence case in 2007?"

    Read More »from George Zimmerman’s lawyer abruptly cancels interview with Lawrence O’Donnell (VIDEO)

Pagination

(1,891 Stories)
  • Unlikely bedfellows unite on criminal justice reform
    Unlikely bedfellows unite on criminal justice reform

    Only one issue in Washington right now could bring together the Koch brothers’ top lawyer, an environmental activist, the former head of the NRA and Sen. Al Franken. Criminal justice reform.

  • Neymar subbed for own safety, admits Barca boss
    Neymar subbed for own safety, admits Barca boss

    Barcelona boss Luis Enrique said he had to substitute two-goal star Neymar to prevent the Brazilian from being injured as his side's Copa del Rey quarter-final, second leg with Atletico Madrid turned nasty. The Catalans went through 4-2 on aggregate after coming from behind twice to win 3-2 on the night as Atletico were reduced to nine men and were lucky not to be more harshly punished when Arda Turan was only booked for throwing his boot at an assistant referee. "The moment arrived when the game had got ugly and we took off Neymar so it didn't get any more heated," said Enrique. Neymar had already put Atletico's hopes of reaching the last four to the sword well before he was replaced by Pedro Rodriguez 13 minutes from time.

Follow Yahoo! News