A still image from the bar's surveillance footage shows a man carrying a gun. (WBRC)
The manhunt for the suspect in a bar shooting that left at least 17 people injured in Tuscaloosa, Ala., early Tuesday appears to be over.
Police in Jasper, Ala., say a man claiming to be the shooting suspect called 911, according to Fox's Birmingham affiliate. The man told police his location—a FedEx store in Jasper—and was taken into custody.
Tuscaloosa police and U.S. Marshals have since confirmed that the man is, indeed, the suspect wanted in Tuesday's shooting, but have yet to release his name.
The shooting occurred at the Copper Top bar in Tuscaloosa at about 12:30 a.m., police said. Surveillance video shows a white male carrying a gun through the parking lot, who then "stood outside for a few minutes looking for someone, then began shooting a military-style assault rifle," according to CNN.
[Slideshow: Gunman opens fire in Ala. bar]
Tuscaloosa police Sgt. Brent Blankley said 17 people were admitted to a local hospital with injuries related to the shooting, but did not know how many of them were shot. Four people were listed in critical condition, Blankley said.
There were approximately 80 people in the bar at the time of the shooting, according to witnesses.
Last month, three people—including two former Auburn University football players—were killed after gunfire erupted during a fight at an off-campus party in Auburn, Ala. An ensuing manhunt lasted three days before the suspect, Desmonte Leonard, turned himself in at the federal courthouse in Montgomery.