The Lookout

Boston Marathon bombing ‘suspect two’ seen in post-blast photo

Dylan Stableford, Yahoo News
The Lookout

View gallery

.

The scene on Boylston Street after the Boston Marathon bombings (David Green)

Just hours after the FBI released surveillance photos and videos of two suspects in Monday's deadly Boston Marathon bombings, another, clearer photo of the second suspect has emerged.

The iPhone photo, taken after the blasts by David Green, a 49-year-old from Jacksonville, Fla., was posted to Green's Facebook page on Monday. After the FBI released the photos on Thursday, one of Green's Facebook friends texted him suggesting he take another look.

The so-called suspect no. 2, wearing a white baseball hat backwards, can be seen leaving the scene of the bombings in the bottom left corner of the image. Suspect Two is no longer carrying the backpack he was seen with in the photos released by the FBI.

[Related: FBI releases photos of suspects in Boston Marathon bombings]

Green, who finished the marathon and was waiting for his friends to finish the race when the bombs exploded, told the New York Times that he turned the photo over to the FBI.

Earlier Thursday, FBI special agent Richard Deslauriers said the bureau had video of the second suspect dropping the backpack near the Forum restaurant on Boylston Street shortly before the explosions, but chose not to release it. Law enforcement officials said the suspects could be seen calmly leaving the area after the bombings.

Green said he had contacted the FBI earlier in the week to report another man who was acting suspiciously in the wake of the blasts.

See a closeup of Green's photo and one of the images released by the FBI below.

View gallery

.

A closeup of Suspect Two leaving the scene (David Green)

View gallery

.

Suspects wanted by the FBI seen in surveillance video near site of bombings (FBI.gov)

View Comments (1623)