Attention, aging college graduates. Ever wonder how much it would cost you to attend your alma mater today? WNYC has created a nifty widget, below, that calculates exactly how much the tuition at your college has grown since you graduated. College costs increased twelvefold over the past 30 years, vastly outpacing inflation. The result? More students take out bigger loans.
Explore Related Content
More from Yahoo! News
- Military dad surprises daughter at gymnastics competition The Sideshow - 2 hrs 16 mins ago
- IRS official Lerner refuses to testify before Congress The Ticket - 2 hrs 16 mins ago
- Man watched tornado destroy his home: ‘I just felt totally h … The Lookout - 2 hrs 21 mins ago
- Residents’ storm stories: ‘We can’t go back, the destruction … The Lookout - 3 hrs ago
- Obama announces his election commission team The Ticket - 3 hrs ago
- NASA awards grant for 3-D food printer; could it end world h … The Sideshow - 3 hrs ago
- Tourists drift away (and then are rescued) while dining on ice … The Sideshow - 4 hrs ago
- 10 gut-wrenching images from the devastating Oklahoma tornado
Entire neighborhoods and two elementary schools were obliterated
- Why We Can't Forget That Oklahoma's Senators Voted Against Sandy Relief
Nearly four months ago, Oklahoma Senators Tom Coburn and James Inhofe both voted against H.R.152, the Disaster Relief Appropriations Act that eventually sent $50.5 billion in relief to victims of Hurricane Sandy. And in the flurry of last night's devastation in Moore, Oklahoma. it was impossible not to forget that fact, knowing the federal government would soon rally to the cause.
- Dog found, on live TV, in tornado rubble
Amid the devastation of Moore, Okla., TV viewers of a CBS affiliate were able to witness a woman's prayers answered.
- See the Face of Suspected Burglar After Homeowners Fought Back
It involved a stun gun.
- Top IRS Official to Invoke Fifth, Issa Subpoenas
Lois Lerner, the IRS official who headed the tax-exempt division when the targeting of tea-party groups took place, plans to invoke her Fifth Amendment right to refuse to answer questions before Congress on Wednesday.
- BREAKING: Subway Just as Unhealthy as McDonald’s!
If you watched the London Olympics last summer, you saw a parade of top athletes touting the nutritional qualities of their favorite eatery: Subway. Watching Apolo Ohno or Robert Griffin III bite into a veggie footlong with avocado or hearing that Subway is “the official training restaurant of athletes everywhere,” you might get the idea that the food served at the chain isn’t that bad for you—that it’s even healthy.
- Rescues, Grim Recoveries at Elementary School After the OK Tornado
There's a reason that many eyes were on Plaza Towers Elementary as Moore, Oklahoma began to assess the damage from a deadly, devastating tornado that blasted through the town Monday evening and killed at least 51 people: the school was leveled, with dozens of children still inside. And so far, some of the most emotionally charged news has emerged from the story unfolding there.
- Kids rescued from rubble at Okla. elementary
MOORE, Okla. (AP) — Several children have been pulled out of the rubble alive at a school in an Oklahoma City suburb.