The final game of the 2013-14 NHL season was played just over a week ago and now we’re already talking about 2014-15.
The NHL released the 2014-15 schedule on Sunday, which features 1,230 games between Oct. 8 and April 11, including an outdoor game (one more still likely to be announced) and the return of the All-Star Weekend, which will be held in Columbus from Jan. 22-26.
Here are the schedules for all 30 teams:
Some notes about the schedule:
• All 30 teams will be in action on the season’s final day, April 11, which could be great for any potential playoff races and/or seedings. There will be a Puck Daddy Super Saturday Drinking Game that day, so this is your notice to stock up.
• If HBO brings back 24/7 for the Chicago Blackhawks/Washington Capitals Winter Classic, the two teams will not play one another the weeks leading up to the Jan. 1 match-up as we've had in the past. Their first meeting of the season will take place Nov. 7.
• Another 24/7 note: no Washington return for Bruce Boudreau and the Anaheim Ducks during what would be the taping period.
• If you’re looking at when the likely outdoor game involving the San Jose Sharks would be held, a good guess would be Saturday, Feb. 21 against the Los Angeles Kings. (It's already slated for Hockey Night in Canada.) The teams meet in late-January with the Sharks hosting, but if Levi's Stadium is chosen as the venue over AT&T Park, there would be a potential scheduling conflict if the San Francisco 49ers go deep in the NFL playoffs. Jan.18th is NFL championship Sunday, so there would be little time to prepare a rink, if that’s the case.
• Rogers is taking over the NHL broadcasting rights in Canada and they're planning to go big in Year 1.
"In total, Rogers will deliver 350 national regular season games across nine networks, including CBC, City, Sportsnet (East, Ontario, West, and Pacific), Sportsnet ONE, Sportsnet 360 and FX Canada."
"Each week throughout the season, Hockey Night in Canada will feature a minimum of four games every Saturday night, delivering more than 150 Saturday games in total for the duration of the regular season"
- - - - - - -
- Sports & Recreation
- Ice Hockey