Odd News

Applebee's customer bites into a metal bolt while eating sliders

A woman visiting an Albuquerque, New Mexico Applebee’s got quite a surprise when she bit into an order of sliders and discovered a metal bolt.

View gallery

.

(KOB)

As reported by KOB Eyewitness News 4, Diana Almarez was eating lunch with her sister at the casual dining establishment on Sunday. Almarez described her sister’s startling find saying, “She bit into it and got a funny look on her face and we said, ‘What's wrong?’ And as she kind of pulled the slider out of her mouth a little bit, there was this bolt.” The family said that the bolt was found within the slider patty.

View gallery

.

(KOB)

The family flagged down their server and was informed that while there was no manager present at the time, their meal would be comped. There were no reports of physical injuries suffered, though after speaking to the server, Almarez expressed concern about other possible contaminants in the meat supply. So, when the party next to them ordered sliders, she was bothered. “I think they should have stopped selling the slider meat right then and there until they figure out where it came from, find out who processed the hamburger,” Almarez told the station.

View gallery

.

Diana Almarez (KOB)

An Applebee’s spokesman told KOB that, “they are grateful that the customer is safe,” and they are investigating the incident to find the origin of the object and to make sure that their food handling protocol was followed.

View gallery

.

(KOB)

Video and more info: KOB

View Comments (379)