Superman's online dating profile (Match.com)
As part of the marketing campaign for the new storyline, it was revealed that Match.com has posted dating profiles of the two heroes, created by the DC Comics creative team.
"As a couple, they are a classic match of a high-testosterone male and the high-estrogen female and they have many cultural and biological traits that will fuel their romance," Dr. Helen Fisher, Match.com's chief scientific adviser, said to Yahoo News. "Although Superman comes from a different planet, while Wonder Woman harks from an isolated island, both are aliens to our modern world."
The site also polled readers asking which superhero they would most want to kiss. Superman was the popular hero among female readers, with 76.2 percent saying he would be their first choice for a kiss. However, Wonder Woman came in a distant second place (26.2 percent) to fellow DC heroine Catwoman, who was the top choice among men, with 47.3 percent.
Highlights from the two superheroes' profiles include:
· Interests: Volunteering, Current Events, Agriculture, Air Travel, Truth, Justice, The American Way
· Sports and Exercise: Racing bullets, Overpowering locomotives, Jumping over tall buildings, Counter-rotating the Earth to fix screw-ups
· For Fun: I like meeting new people and helping others, but sometimes I do enjoy my solitude—I have a pretty sweet man cave!
· Pets I Have: I had a mythical winged horse once but it magically turned into my invisible jet—er, cats. I like cats.
· College: I completed the Amazonian Trials (it's like a master's degree)
· For Fun: Battling for justice! Stamping out inequality! Romance novels about vampires.
Wonder Woman's online dating profile (Match.com)
- Arts & Entertainment
- Cartoons & Comics
- DC Comics