- Sea change: Satellite photos show world's fourth-largest lake disappearing
- The truth about October markets
- Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protesters: security firm
BOSTON (Reuters) - Cybersecurity researchers have uncovered a computer virus that spies on Apple Inc's iOS operating system for the iPhone and iPad, and they believe it is targeting pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong. The malicious software, known as Xsser, is capable of stealing text messages, photos, call logs, passwords and other data from Apple mobile devices, researchers with Lacoon Mobile Security said on Tuesday. They uncovered the spyware while investigating similar malware for Google Inc's Android operating system last week that also targeted Hong Kong protesters. ...
- School spending by affluent is widening wealth gap
- Under-fire Hong Kong leader marks National Day
HONG KONG (AP) — Hong Kong's embattled leader attended a flag-raising ceremony Wednesday to mark China's National Day after refusing to meet pro-democracy demonstrators despite their threats to expand the street protests that have posed the stiffest challenge to Beijing's authority since China took control of the former British colony in 1997.
- Texas patient confirmed as first Ebola case diagnosed in U.S.
- Hong Kong protests: Live Report
- Secunia Personal Software Inspector review
Scan your installed programs and categorize them by their security update status