Welcome to First Ticket, a morning snapshot of the day's political news.
• Obama heads to Tucson, Ariz., today to attend a memorial in honor of those killed in Saturday's shooting. (Politics Daily)
• And the White House is planning how the president should deliver tomorrow's speech on the attack. (Washington Post)
• Arizona will challenge the Westboro Baptist Church's plans to picket the funerals of shooting victims. (TPMDC)
• The 8th District of Arizona has a long history of tension. (New York Times)
• Virginia creates a bipartisan redistricting commission. (The Virginian-Pilot)
• Several senators are pleased that Obama's watchdog for corruption in Afghanistan has stepped aside. (The Hill)
• Newly elected Gov. Jerry Brown unveiled $12 billion in cuts for California. (CNN Money)
• Rep. Steve King (R-Iowa) is mad at the new Speaker of the House for denying him an immigration chairmanship. (Hotline on Call)
Is there something you'd like to see included in First Ticket? Email me.
- Westboro Baptist Church
- the White House