Mark Kelly, the husband of former Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, who was wounded by a gunman while meeting with constituents in Tucson in 2011, said he and Giffords were "horrified" to hear about the shooting in Aurora, Colo., Friday:
Explore Related Content
More from Yahoo! News
- Residents capture amazing videos in the face of tornadoes The Lookout - Fri, May 17, 2013
- Grizzly bear puts camera inside its mouth (VIDEO) The Sideshow - Fri, May 17, 2013
- Paw Warz: the Force is strong with these kittens The Sideshow - Fri, May 17, 2013
- Alleged crooks accidentally dial 911 during car break-in The Sideshow - Fri, May 17, 2013
- IRS asked anti-abortion group about content of public prayer … The Ticket - Fri, May 17, 2013
- Obama: His tiger’s not grrreat! The Ticket - Fri, May 17, 2013
- Police officer and good Samaritans lift SUV off trapped girl The Lookout - Fri, May 17, 2013
- Even Cavendish surprised by fourth stage win
By Alasdair and Fotheringham CHERASCO, Italy, May 17 - A series of small but challenging climbs late on Friday's stage of the 2012 Giro d'Italia could not stop Britain's Mark Cavendish taking his fourth stage win and second in two days. Italy's Vincenzo Nibali remained overall leader but it was sprinter Cavendish who stole the show again after compatriot and pre-race favorite Bradley Wiggins failed to start the 254 kilometer stage, the longest in this year's Giro. In a bunch sprint finish Cavendish outgunned Italy's Giacomo Nizzolo and Slovenia's Luka Mezgec. ...
- NYers furious over photos taken through windows
In one photo, a woman is on all fours, presumably picking something up, her posterior pressed against a glass window. Another photo shows a couple in bathrobes, their feet touching beneath a table. And ...
- This Child Made a Film About His School Lunch—and He Titled It ‘Yuck.’ (VIDEO)
When fourth grader Zachary Maxwell started nagging his parents to let him bring his own lunch to school, they knew something was up. Zachary was served lunch every day in his New York City public school and because it was a hot lunch, his parents were insistent he take advantage of it.
- Bea Arthur topless painting fetches $1.9M in NYC
A painting of actress Bea Arthur topless has sold for $1.9 million at a New York City auction. The painting is by artist John Currin and is titled "Bea Arthur Naked." It sold at Christie's auction ...
- Kanye West's Angry 'SNL' Rant Makes Saturday's Season Finale a Must-Watch
This coming weekend is a big one for Saturday Night Live. It marks the end of Bill Hader's tenure on the show and Ben Affleck's fifth time hosting. But perhaps the most significant reason to tune in is the fact that Kanye West is the musical guest, and he's making it seem like he really, really doesn't want to be. With West's apparent frustration with the show and his penchant for, shall we say ... off-the-cuff remarks, producers should be worried and we should be excited. Is there a better combo than that?
- A record Powerball jackpot isn't a record to celebrate
When the 43-state Powerball lottery jackpot hit a record at $600 million Friday, many Americans who would otherwise not gamble rushed out to buy the $2 tickets. “Just on the off-chance,” many probably said.
- Horseracing-2013 Preakness Stakes result
May 18 (Reuters) - Result and finishing order of the 2013 Preakness Stakes at Pimlico racecourse on Saturday. 1. Oxbow (Gary Stevens) 2. Itsmyluckyday (John Velazquez) 3. Mylute (Rosie Napravnik) 4. Orb (Joel Rosario) 5. Goldencents (Kevin Krigger) 6. Departing (Brian Hernandez) 7. Will Take Charge (Mike Smith) 8. Govenor Charlie (Martin Garcia) 9. Titletown Five (Julien Leparoux) Winner trained by: D. Wayne Lukas Winner paid $32.80 for a $2 win bet Winning margin: 1-3/4 lengths Time: one minute 57.54 seconds (Compiled by Steve Ginsburg; Editing by Greg Stutchbury)
- The Next Time Someone Says Art Doesn’t Accomplish Anything, Show Them This
When Hurricane Katrina was making its way to New Orleans some eight years ago, tens of thousands of residents stayed in the city instead of evacuating for the simple reason that they didn’t have access to transportation. In the years following New Orleans’ rebuilding process, a free, public evacuation bus system has been established.