Pam Cooke, left, and Jody Bowers share a laugh in Kill Devil Hills, Outer Banks, N.C. (Charles Dharapak/AP)
Here's the news you might have missed while you were watching local TV news reporters get covered in toxic foam:
• American military forces killed al Qaeda's second-highest ranking leader, Attiyah Abd al-Rahman, during a drone strike in Afghanistan.
• The National Geographic Channel aired an exclusive interview Sunday night with former President George W. Bush on his recollections of Sept. 11, 2001.
• In the first presidential campaign since the Supreme Court's Citizens United decision, the lines separating non-affiliated political action committees and campaigns are becoming increasingly blurred, the New York Times reported.
• Speaking of PACs, the group supporting President Barack Obama's re-election campaign went on the offensive against Republican front-runner Texas Gov. Rick Perry.
• Aftershocks from last week's earthquake rumbled the east coast.