Apple did something unusual: they announced 2 iPhones at once. There’s a budget model, the iPhone 5C, and a mid-cycle upgrade, the iPhone 5S. My initial take is that the 5C will be a nice fit for many, but the iPhone 5S may have limited appeal, in part because of a rumor about the next iPhone.
· Plastic shell
· 5 colors – white, pink, yellow, blue, green
· 4-inch retina screen (same as the iPhone 5)
· A6 chip (same as the iPhone 5)
· Rear- and front-facing cameras (same as the iPhone 5)
· 16GB $99, 32GB $199
· Available September 20th
· Battery – basically the same as the iPhone 5, with a little added talk time
· Siri enabled
Finally a Cheap (well… cheaper) iPhone
The 5C feels young: be it the glow-in-the-dark colors that match the new IOS 7 or the “unibody polycarbonate shell” (aka, it’s made from a single piece of plastic). It has much of the same hardware that was in the iPhone 5 – which has been discontinued. This 5C is a way to offer the previousRead More »from The New iPhones: Should You Upgrade?