They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and one could say the same about art. Check out these top 5 bizarre public art displays and you decide what's art and what's ... not.Read More »from Top 5 bizarre public art displays
Smartphones, tablets, iPods, iPhones, laptops ... all day, every day, most of us are peering intently at glowing screens, pecking out emails, texts, tweets, updates. It's hard to believe, but there is a world outside of your virtual existence. Step away from the keyboard, unplug yourself from the Matrix and check out these top 5 places to unwind and recharge your batteries -- the non-lithium kind:
5) Hana Hotel, Hawaii: There's a reason it's called "Heavenly Hana." Located on Maui, Hana is 52 narrow, winding miles from the airport and boasts some of the best beaches on the island. With waterfalls, black sand beaches and cottages that don't include TVs, phones or radios, you won't find it hard not to check your email.
4) Mary Jane's Farm, Idaho: At this working farm in Moscow, Idaho, you will literally be unable to plug in -- there's no electricity. If you've ever had the urge to live in "Little House on the Prairie" with the Ingalls family, this is your chance. Mary Jane's Farm isRead More »from Top 5 places to unplug
If you're a couple in the mood for love, but don't want to spring for a pricey overseas trip to the "usual" romantic destinations, then here are five surprising top spots for romance, right here in the U.S. of A.:Read More »from Top 5 Surprisingly Romantic Cities
- Final Glance: Gold companies
Shares of some top gold companies were down at the close of trading: Barrick Gold Corp. fell $.23 or 1.7 percent, to $13.39. Gold Fields fell $.10 or 2.7 percent, to $3.57. GoldCorp. fell $.93 or 4.0 percent, ...
- Bizarre CGI Video Goes Viral
An odd but impressive video popped up on Vimeo recently, and we can't stop watching it. It's a CGI (computer-generated imagery) rendering of a horizontally rotating column knocking over and pushing around what looks like humans. The video is titled "I've fallen, and I can't get up!" It was uploaded by Dave Fothergill, a visual-effects artist from the U.K. Why can't we take our eyes off this? Because it's almost hypnotic!
- Blackwater guards found guilty in Iraq shootings
- Turkey's Erdogan says U.S. weapons airdrop on Kobani was wrong
ANKARA (Reuters) - Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said on Wednesday it was wrong of the United States to air drop military supplies to Kurdish fighters defending the Syrian border town of Kobani, as some weapons were seized by Islamic State militants besieging it. The Pentagon said on Tuesday the vast majority of the U.S. supplies dropped on Sunday had reached the Kurdish fighters despite an online video showing Islamic State jihadists with a bundle. "What was done here on this subject turned out to be wrong. ...
- Huge gold nugget going up for sale in California
- Inspector: 'Serious lapse' at Secret Service
- Ingrown Toenail? How to Snip It the Right Way
Nobody likes ingrown toenails, and when you get one, your instinct may be to clip off the offending bit.
- Early Apple computer sells for $905,000 at auction