Google’s Chrome browser quickly became one of the most popular desktop Web browsers in the world, and now Google has its sites set on mobile. The app just launched for the iPhone and iPad earlier today and after a few short hours of availability, it’s already the No.1 top free app in Apple’s iOS App Store. The app is far more popular than its Android counterpart after less than one day on the market — of course, the Android version is only compatible with 7% of Android devices since it is Ice Cream Sandwich-only — and that’s a pretty impressive feat considering it’s little more than a Safari skin with a sleek UI and desktop sync. That sleek UI is definitely worth checking out though, and Chrome for iOS is available as a free download in the iOS App Store.
Explore Related Content
- Jelly Bean is now on one-third of all Android devices
- Google Reader dies in two weeks – here are all the best alte …
- How Apple could improve the App Store by ditching the ‘most downloaded’ …
- Twitter’s video-sharing app ‘Vine’ now available for Android
- A week with iOS 7: The search for innovation amid renovation
- iOS 7: The Best Features Coming to Apple's Made-Over Softwar …
- Android isn’t ‘winning’ the smartphone war – and neither is …
- iOS 7 gets revamped photos appCBSTV Videos
More Tech News
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
NEW YORK (AP) — Apparently, Men's Wearhouse Inc. doesn't like the way its founder looks anymore.
- Astor son who swindled millionaire mother headed to NY prison
By Francesca Trianni NEW YORK (Reuters) - Anthony Marshall, the only child of late millionaire philanthropist Brooke Astor, has been a Broadway producer, a decorated war hero and U.S. diplomat and is set to add prison inmate to his life story. On Thursday, barring a last-minute reprieve, Marshall will be known by the number on his New York State Corrections Department identification card when he begins serving a one- to three-year sentence for siphoning millions of dollars from his ailing mother incapacitated by dementia. ...
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Video shows Justin Bieber running into a photographer with his white Ferrari in Hollywood, but police say there was no crime and the injuries aren't life-threatening.
- Playmate admits helping boyfriend in US illegally
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — A former Playboy Playmate has admitted helping her Canadian boyfriend after he illegally entered the United States in northern New York last summer.
- Charlie Sheen Really Did Get Selma Blair Fired
Today in celebrity news: Selma Blair is off Anger Management, Paula Deen said some pretty bad things, and Adam Levine has a perfume.
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder and exec. chairman
Men's Wearhouse Inc. has dismissed its founder and executive chairman George Zimmer. In a terse release issued Wednesday, the company didn't give a reason for the abrupt firing of Zimmer, who built Men's ...