Christian Dior will show its fall-winter ready-to-wear collection as planned later this week, despite the sudden sacking of John Galliano as its creative director.
A Dior official says the show remains scheduled for Friday.
The official told The Associated Press on Wednesday that Dior is focusing on preparing for the show and would not comment on discussions of a replacement for Galliano. The official spoke on condition of anonymity because of company policy.
Dior sent shock waves through the opening day of Paris fashion week with its announcement Tuesday that it was firing Galliano after 14 years.
The provocative designer was detained last week after a couple accused him of making anti-Semitic remarks. A video of him saying "I love Hitler" later surfaced online.
- John Galliano
- Christian Dior