As much as people seem to dislike Apple’s redesigned calendar app in iOS 7, it’s really not that hard to find third-party alternatives that are better than Apple’s preinstalled app. It’s significantly harder, however, to find one as well-designed as Calendate.
Created by developer Jitkem Tienngam, Calendate is unique spin on iPhone calendar apps that focuses equally on beautiful design and on useful functionality. It also has a few very nice touches that some similar apps omit, such as included public holiday support and weather forecast details on the top of each screen in the single day view.
Here are the app’s key features as listed in the app’s description:
- 24 Event icons to decorate your important events
- 10 Different Themes available
- Weather forecast, swipe back and forth to see forecast in other dates along with events
- Visual Calendar, with indicators for your events, your friends’ birthdays and holidays
- Connect with Facebook for your friends’ birthdays
- Public Holidays available for 30 countries (see the list below)
- Easily add event by just pick an icon and type the event name
- Calendar Sync, it works with all accounts on your device
- Share event via Email and Message
- Publish Event to Facebook Event
Calendate for the iPhone is typically a $1.99 purchase, but it’s free right now for a limited time. A link to the app’s download page in the App Store can be found below in our source section.
This article was originally published on BGR.com
- Technology & Electronics
- Mobile Apps