- Beth Fouhy, Yahoo! News| 10:17 p.m. ET
Please have a great weekend and stay with Yahoo News!
- Beth Fouhy, Yahoo! News| 10:16 p.m. ET
And thanks to Yahoo News reporters Jason Sickles, Dylan Stableford and Liz Goodwin for doing the hard work of reporting and writing the story since late last night.
- Comment from Angela| 10:16 p.m. ET
Thank you Yahoo! News for allowing all of us to be with you, make questions, and make comments! A job well done to all of you!!
- Virginia Heffernan, Y! News| 10:15 p.m. ET
Thanks Beth, Walter and Jeff — and thanks, readers. You are the making of these Control Rooms. Goodnight, all.
- Beth Fouhy, Yahoo! News| 10:15 p.m. ET
Please stay with Yahoo News throughout the evening and weekend to follow the latest developments on this story.
- Jeff Greenfield, Y! News| 10:15 p.m. ET
As an inconstant player, I salute my hardier colleagues--Jason and Co.--for their endless hours...
- Walter Shapiro| 10:15 p.m. ET
This may indeed have been a night to remember. But I think all of us wish that this was a night that wasn't made necessary by the horrific bombings.
- Beth Fouhy, Yahoo! News| 10:14 p.m. ET
Thanks to all our readers and commenters who spent time with us today watching this amazing story unfold.
- Comment from William| 10:13 p.m. ET
AH, we know form Oklahoma City and other incidents that a few people can carry out horrible acts. That said, I am afraid that others may be inspired to do the same, from any of many different ideologies.
- Beth Fouhy, Yahoo! News| 10:13 p.m. ET
Hey all, we are going to wrap this live room up in a few minutes. It's been a long day and week for everyone.
- Comment from Gordon B| 10:13 p.m. ET
It's eerie, but the suspect could possibly share a hospital ward with some of the more seriously injured from the bomb attack.
- Virginia Heffernan, Y! News| 10:11 p.m. ET
In the meantime, I'm getting slammed on Twiitter for saying to a commenter who expressed some pity for suspect #2 as he was being taken into custody, "I don't think you're alone." Meaning there are almost certainly others who feel that way. Choice words for me in the twitterverse — the C-word and more.
- Walter Shapiro| 10:11 p.m. ET
I think Obama is taking the right course (and not one that I suspect that Dick Cheney would have followed) in playing up the "unanswered questions" rather than putting this event in a neat ideological category. I am also glad that he has taken the extra moment to also talked about the amputees and the wounded.
- Comment from Eric Curtis| 10:11 p.m. ET
Even if they couldn't be found guilty of the bombings, there is no doubt in my mind they will be found guilty in the murder and attempted murder of several police officers.
- Comment from Zel| 10:10 p.m. ET
@ AH We really don't know one way or the other. You'd be amazed what two deranged individuals can do if they really don't care about the consequences. There's no reason to "let our guard down", but there's also no reason to be jumping at shadows. We can be vigilant, but let's not be afraid. By definition, that's letting terrorists win.
- Comment from Robert| 10:10 p.m. ET
@Walter: Under the definition I was taught by the army, actually Manson was a terrorist. He wanted to affect political change using violence. Helter Skelter was all about creating a race war to bring down the government. That said, we need to keep an open mind on this current situation until we know more.
- Comment from Carolyn Ford| 10:09 p.m. ET
I agree, Christian. This whole week and day have been so disturbing. I feel so compassionately for the family of the boys. The younger one seemed to have so much going for him--it just doesn't add up. I cannot celebrate either.
- Virginia Heffernan, Y! News| 10:08 p.m. ET
Stratfor, an international-intelligence site that is known as hawkish but credible, refers to the suspects as "grassroots militants." Somewhat different from terrorists.
- Jeff Greenfield, Y! News| 10:08 p.m. ET
You will note that Obama presumes the guilt of the brothers...which may be reasonable...but I believe there was a flap when Nixon proclaimed Manson guilty back in the day.
- Comment from AH| 10:07 p.m. ET
I don't beieve this will be the end of the terror. Those two boys could not have planned this all alone. I believe there are others in their group. We shoud not let our guard down. That's when more evil happens. Aways keep your eyes open and watching.
- Comment from Christian| 10:05 p.m. ET
Perhaps it's because I haven't endured what that community has for 5 days, but with so many dead and injured in addition to the remaining questions (who knows if a terror cell is just waiting to send more?) I just cannot celebrate.
- Walter Shapiro| 10:05 p.m. ET
Bryan -- I think your Charles Manson example is exceedingly apt. When the Sharon Tate murder and the other events happened in the early 1970s, nobody called it "terrorism." It was inexplicable craziness and murder. I just want to caution against throwing around the word "terrorism" until we know more.
- Comment from M| 10:05 p.m. ET
@Guest Obama is our nation's president, it is his duty to update the public on this situation. i do not think it has anything to do with some type of agenda. let's focus on our country's accomplishments tonight, and rally together.
- Comment from Zel| 10:03 p.m. ET
@ Guest I always find it ironic when someone complains about politicizing while, with that same statement, doing the exact same thing.
- Comment from Telestai| 10:03 p.m. ET
Guest, it is entirely appropriate for the leader of our country to make comments about the resolution of a hideous situation which affected our entire nation.
TOP The Latest1366732329
- Boston_Police|Apr 23 11:52 a.m. ET
- GregWorzel|Apr 23 1:28 a.m. ET
Well played @Boston_Police! Well played!
- ddlovato|Apr 23 1:17 a.m. ET
- DefendWallSt|Apr 23 1:13 a.m. ET
- Boston_Police|Apr 22 2:17 p.m. ET
- piersmorgan|Apr 22 2:16 p.m. ET
- AP|Apr 19 10:12 p.m. ET
- AP|Apr 19 10:11 p.m. ET
- AP|Apr 19 10:11 p.m. ET
- ABC|Apr 19 10:10 p.m. ET
- jamiedupree|Apr 19 9:57 p.m. ET
- Reuters|Apr 19 9:57 p.m. ET
- cspanbill|Apr 19 9:37 p.m. ET
- ABC|Apr 19 9:35 p.m. ET
- Boston_Police|Apr 19 9:26 p.m. ET
- PatMcGonigleNBC|Apr 19 9:25 p.m. ET
- ACKblACKbook|Apr 19 9:05 p.m. ET
- ABC|Apr 19 9:04 p.m. ET
- jamblinman|Apr 19 9:05 p.m. ET
- Boston_Police|Apr 19 8:57 p.m. ET