- Formula One ringmaster Bernie Ecclestone on Friday said he had no doubt that this year's controversial inaugural Russian Grand Prix in Sochi will go ahead as planned in early October.
Speaking to reporters in the paddock at Belgian Grand Prix practice, the 83-year-old Briton said he and Formula One would respect their contract with the promoters.
"We have a contract," he said. "Our friends there are happy with the contract, we are happy. We will be there. If people have arguments with Russia, maybe they have, but we haven't got any."
Earlier this week, the International Motoring Federation (FIA) race director Charlie Whiting gave the Sochi Autodrome circuit the green light to stage the race from October 10-12.
- Sports & Recreation
- Bernie Ecclestone
- Formula One
- Russian Grand Prix