Six months ago, Gavin DeGraw was the victim of a vicious assault in New York City, an incident that left him hospitalized, but the singer says he has not had any lasting effects.
"I think I'm completely OK," the singer - whose latest album, "Sweeter," is in stores now - said on Tuesday's Access Hollywood Live .
"I always had a few scars on my face, so it kind of blended in with the rest of them," the 34-year-old told Billy Bush and Kit Hoover.
Gavin also appears to have kept his sense of humor about the August incident.
"[Scars] which you can't see, because they're mostly inside, because I'm a musician," he continued with a laugh.
Adding, "I'm all good, I'm all good."
As previously reported on AccessHollywood.com , the singer was assaulted by a group of people in the early hours of August 8, and was later possibly hit by a taxi (Gavin told Access at the time that he does not know if he was hit by or stumbled upon a taxi, after being bloodied in the attack) before being taken to New York's Bellevue Hospital.
Copyright 2012 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Gavin DeGraw