When Google (GOOG) launched the Nexus 7 tablet earlier this year, the company offered early adopters a $25 credit to its Play store along with each purchase. The Internet giant on Tuesday reminded users on Twitter that the promotion will run for a few more weeks until it expires on September 30th. The redeemed credit will be available for use on apps, books, movies, TV shows, magazines, games and music in the Play store until September 2013, at which time all remaining funds will be lost. The Nexus 7 is available directly from Google and select retailers in 8GB and 16GB models for $199 and $249, respectively.
Explore Related Content
- HTC may allow existing HTC One owners to replace Sense with stock …
- New Nexus 7 rumored to launch in July for $229
- New iPhone apps worth downloading: Stitch, Sword & Glory, Pinball …
- Twitter’s video-sharing app ‘Vine’ now available for Android
- You Can't Wear Google Glass At Internet Giant's Shareholder's …
- Israel's largest high-tech deals
- Motorola says it has settled with TiVo
More Tech News
- Campbell-Brown 'is not a cheat': manager
(Reuters) - Embattled Jamaican sprinter Veronica Campbell-Brown's manager emphatically denied on Tuesday that the twice Olympic 200 meters gold medalist was a drugs cheat. "That she should now be accused of infringing on anti-doping rules is a shock to her," Claude Bryan said in a statement after the Jamaican Athletics Administrative Association (JAAA) provisionally suspended the world champion following a positive test for a banned diuretic at a meeting last month. ...
- Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Video shows Justin Bieber running into a photographer with his white Ferrari in Hollywood, but police say there was no crime and the injuries aren't life-threatening.
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Tennis-McEnroe calls for Nadal to be seeded four at Wimbledon
By Martyn Herman LONDON, June 18 (Reuters) - Wimbledon's seeding committee should use its power to promote 11-times grand slam champion Rafa Nadal into the top four, according to three-times former champion John McEnroe. Speaking the day before the seeds are announced for the grasscourt slam which starts on Monday, the American said it would be "totally wrong" if Nadal had to play world number one Novak Djokovic, defending champion Roger Federer or home favourite Andy Murray in the quarter-finals. ...
- The top 10 songs and albums on the iTunes Store
iTunes' Official Music Charts for the week ending June 17, 2013
- Massachusetts police search NFL player's home in homicide probe: report
(Reuters) - Massachusetts State Police searched the home of New England Patriots tight end Aaron Hernandez on Tuesday as part of a probe into a suspected homicide, according to ABC News. Hernandez was initially uncooperative with police after the body of a 27-year-old man was found in an industrial park near his home in North Attleborough on Monday, ABC News said, citing unnamed law enforcement sources. A police spokesman confirmed there was a homicide investigation under way in North Attleborough, but declined to give further details. ...
- Yankees' Youkilis needs surgery, Teixeira to DL
NEW YORK (AP) — Kevin Youkilis needs back surgery and Mark Teixeira returned to the 15-day disabled list Tuesday with an aching right wrist, the latest injury setbacks for the depleted New York Yankees.