Google (GOOG) sent invitations to the media on Wednesday evening for an Android event scheduled for October 29th in New York City. It is widely speculated that the Mountain View-based company will announce new Nexus smartphones and an updated version of its Android operating system. Earlier reports have suggested that Google is planning to release Nexus-branded smartphones from a variety of manufacturers, including LG and Sony. The invitation gives little details to what the Internet giant will announce, however. BGR will be covering the event live beginning at 10:00 a.m. EDT on October 29th.
Explore Related Content
- Joint San Francisco/New York City Tech Summit Announced
- BlackBerry 10.2 to bring support for Android Jelly Bean apps
- Feds Are Out for 7-Eleven in 'Modern Day Plantation' Immigrant …
- Twitter’s video-sharing app ‘Vine’ now available for Android
- 7 hurt in explosion at suburban NYC college
- Months after Sandy, solar chargers for mobile phones debut in …
- This is why you don’t live in New York City [VIDEO]
More Tech News
- Prison for Ohio woman who buried mom in yard
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A woman who quit her job to care for her elderly mother felt at a loss to support herself when the older woman died so she buried her in the yard of their Florida home and lived off her mother's Social Security checks for 14 years, her lawyers and federal authorities say.
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Stephen Amell: Why I Won't Join Fifty Shades Of Grey Movie
Stephen Amell has revealed what turned him off to playing sexy billionaire Christian Grey in the upcoming film version of "Fifty Shades of Grey" - and it has nothing to do with the story's rampant sex scenes or nudity.
- Police: Paraplegic castrated at Philly facility
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A 41-year-old man is being held on $5 million bail after police say he castrated a paraplegic during a dispute at an assisted living facility in Philadelphia.
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Father sentenced for binding kids outside Wal-Mart
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — A suburban Chicago man was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in prison for binding and blindfolding two of his children a year ago in a Wal-Mart parking lot in eastern Kansas.
- Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Video shows Justin Bieber running into a photographer with his white Ferrari in Hollywood, but police say there was no crime and the injuries aren't life-threatening.
- Brothers run at bear to save younger sister
A family had a close encounter with a bear while celebrating Father's Day during a camping trip in Wyoming, NBC-2 reports. The Kelly family had a relaxing Sunday morning breakfast, but apparently they didn't clean up as well as they initially thought. According to NBC-2, a bit of bacon grease was still on the campground [...]