While the world has focused on Apple’s stock price over the past few months, Google (GOOG) has slowly risen up and achieved its own milestone. The Internet giant’s stock previously peaked 747.24 in November of 2007, however as the economy worsened the stock began to decline, falling below $300 in 2008. Since then, the company has seen strong revenue from mobile advertising and the massive growth of its Android operating system. Google’s stock rose above $700 a share in early September for the first time since 2007, and after opening down slightly at $731, the stock gained nearly 2% to reach a new record-high of $748.89 at around 12:30 p.m. on Monday.
Explore Related Content
- Forecast sees big payoff for Google's mobile ads
- Why Google never needs to make a dime from Android device sa …
- Spectra Energy shares hit all-time high
- Apple continues to make gains on Android
- Clovis Oncology surges on early drug data
- Android isn’t ‘winning’ the smartphone war – and neither is …
- KapStone to buy Longview Fibre Paper for $1.03B
- Who's tracking Google while Google tracks …FOX News Videos
More Tech News
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Brothers run at bear to save younger sister
A family had a close encounter with a bear while celebrating Father's Day during a camping trip in Wyoming, NBC-2 reports. The Kelly family had a relaxing Sunday morning breakfast, but apparently they didn't clean up as well as they initially thought. According to NBC-2, a bit of bacon grease was still on the campground [...]
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Police: Paraplegic castrated at Philly facility
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A 41-year-old man is being held on $5 million bail after police say he castrated a paraplegic during a dispute at an assisted living facility in Philadelphia.
- Father sentenced for binding kids outside Wal-Mart
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — A suburban Chicago man was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in prison for binding and blindfolding two of his children a year ago in a Wal-Mart parking lot in eastern Kansas.
- 3 charged in Ohio with enslaving mother, daughter
CLEVELAND (AP) — Three Ohioans are accused of enslaving a mentally disabled young mother and her daughter over two years.
- NYC heir, 89, to hear whether he'll go to prison
NEW YORK (AP) — An 89-year-old heir could end up in prison after a court date on his 11th-hour bid for a new trial in a case that shook New York society.
- Prison for Ohio woman who buried mom in yard
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A woman who quit her job to care for her elderly mother felt at a loss to support herself when the older woman died so she buried her in the yard of their Florida home and lived off her mother's Social Security checks for 14 years, her lawyers and federal authorities say.