Healthy Hollywood had an early morning wellness treat! I, Terri MacLeod, was invited to Canyon Ranch's New York City press event. I love when this feel-good crew hits the city. Unfortunately, I have never been this wellness destination in person, so this is the next best thing.
The world famous Canyon Ranch has 3 locations; Miami, Tucson and Lenox, Massachusetts. Celebs like Eva Longoria, Shakira and Gerard Butler are a few of the a-list names who've indulged in the spa's healthy living experience.
The folks at Canyon Ranch are on the cutting edge of mind/body treatments, fitness and of course wholesome nutrition. So, it's always a learning experience to attend this morning's event. Healthy Hollywood was introduced for the first time to the organic luxury line, Red Flower, and received a detoxing hand massage with essential oils. They also had foot treatment station, a yoga demonstration, but my favorite stop is with Chef Scott Uehelin. This kitchen master serves up the tastiest food combos, you forget they're healthy! This morning he made a kale salad with peanuts, parsley and other seasonal greens. It was so yummy that I never thought twice about having a salad at 9 o'clock in the morning.
Canyon Ranch is treating New Yorkers to a sampling of their nutritious, powerhouse menu. They're setting up mobile eateries tomorrow and Friday at various points in the city. Wellness-seekers can experience the food and enter a sweepstakes to win a stay for 2 at Canyon Ranch.
For those of us who would like to taste a bit of Canyon Ranch, but don't live in New York or have the extra cash to spend on a spa outing - no worries! Canyon Ranch has an incredible website packed with wellness advice and lots of satisfying recipes.
Canyon Ranch shared with Healthy Hollywood their food philosophy.
1. The Canyon Ranch philosophy has always been about moderation, not deprivation. Enjoy healthy eating and find a sensible balance for special indulgences.
2. The Canyon Ranch cuisine philosophy is to prepare nutritionally balanced meals made with the richest natural sources of nutrients to maintain optimal health and vitality.
3. Canyon Ranch uses a wide variety of the freshest, highest-quality ingredients available emphasizing fresh vegetables and fruits, legumes and whole grains, along with lean proteins and healthy fats.
4. Canyon Ranch serves clean, fresh and wholesome foods that are seasonally grown, local and organic; and sustainable and minimally processed products and by using smart washing techniques.
5. At Canyon Ranch, 'clean eating' means serving minimally processed foods without additives, artificial coloring, flavoring, sweeteners and preservatives, and those products containing high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated or altered fats.
-- Terri MacLeod
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Travel Destinations
- Canyon Ranch