HTC (2498) will reportedly be the second manufacturer to release a smartphone on Microsoft’s (MSFT) upcoming Windows Phone 8 operating system. According to a report from Chinese website WPDang, the Taiwanese manufacturer will unveil its new Windows Phone 8 devices at an event scheduled for the third week of September. Earlier this week, it was reported that Nokia (NOK) is planning an event for September 5th to announce the company’s first Windows Phone 8 smartphone. HTC’s latest Windows Phone devices are supposedly code-named the Rio, Accord, and Zenith, with the latter of the bunch expected to be the company’s latest flagship smartphone. The Zenith will reportedly be equipped with a massive 4.7-inch Super LCD 2 display, an 8-megapixel camera and a quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon processor. The Rio and Accord are expected to launch in October, while the Zenith will be released sometime in the fourth quarter according to reports.
Explore Related Content
- Instagram for Windows Phone rumored to launch as Nokia exclusive …
- Nokia reigns supreme in Windows Phone market
- Smartphone vendors said to be sour on Windows Phone 8
- Video: Microsoft tries to challenge the Galaxy S4 with bargain …
- Windows Phone and iOS are growing faster than Android in the …
- Acer exec says Windows Phone is still too risky to adopt
- The Windows Phone conundrum
More Tech News
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Rick Perry Goes to War Against Connecticut
Rick Perry, the Texas governor and 2012 "oops" presidential candidate, is spending the beginning of this week in Connecticut. Perry, as the governor of Texas, has little on-its-face reason to be in Connecticut. Except, of course, for one: Texas's unemployment rate, which at 6.4 percent in April is significantly lower than the national average, is still not quite ideal. Perry wants to bring jobs to his state. And, as he sees it, some of those jobs could come from Connecticut.
- Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Video shows Justin Bieber running into a photographer with his white Ferrari in Hollywood, but police say there was no crime and the injuries aren't life-threatening.
- Review: Lonely Island whack it out of the park
The Lonely Island, "The Wack Album" (Republic Records)
- Miss Utah's Pageant Answer Is the Worst You've Ever Seen
The only time normal people seem to care about national beauty pageants is when one of the contestants messes up the question-and-answer round in the worst way possible. Well, it happened again last night at the Miss USA pageant, with Miss Utah giving an answer so bad that it eclipsed all other terrible pageant answers before her. Meet 21-year-old Marissa Powell. She is from Salt Lake City. And this is the full, cringe-worthy sequence you will be seeing a lot of this week:
- The 14-year-old kid arrested over his pro-NRA shirt now faces a year in jail
The West Virginia eighth-grader who was suspended and arrested in late April after he refused to remove a t-shirt supporting the National Rifle Association appeared in court this week and was formally charged with obstructing an officer.
- The last telegram ever is about to be sent
India is the last country with regular telegraph service. And the final message will be sent next month