Apple (AAPL) announced during its iPhone 5 unveiling that the latest version of its mobile operating system would become available to the public on September 19th, and iOS 6 is now available right on schedule. iOS device owners with an iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPad, iPad 2 or fourth-generation iPod touch can now download iOS 6 through iTunes immediately, and users currently running iOS 5 or later can update their devices over the air. BGR reviewed iOS 6 and called it a refinement of what is already the most refined mobile OS in the world.
More Tech News
- Sci-Fi Film 'After Earth' Presents Dark Future for Humanity
The Earth is a pretty bleak place for humans in the new science fiction movie, "After Earth."
- See the Face of Suspected Burglar After Homeowners Fought Back
It involved a stun gun.
- Video: As BlackBerry and Microsoft battle for market share, a new contender emerges
The battle between BlackBerry and Microsoft for the No.3 spot in the smartphone platform war is showing no signs of slowing, but a new contender will soon come to market to challenge these struggling giants. Jolla, whose CEO spoke with us nearly a year ago about the company’s efforts, has unveiled its first smartphone. Named simply “Jolla,” the handset will feature a 4.5-inch HD display, a dual-core processor, 4G LTE, 16GB of internal storage, microSD support, an 8-megapixel camera, Android app support and the Sailfish mobile operating system. Most impressively of all, perhaps, is the price tag: just €399 before taxes and subsidies. Jolla says it hopes to begin shipping the phone by the end of 2013, and a video of
- What We Know About the Record Breaking Powerball Jackpot's Mystery Winner
The frenzy for last minute tickets is over. The numbers have been picked out. Somewhere, a single person is $590.5 million richer. Last night's record Powerball jackpot has a winner but we have no idea who that person is yet.
- Report: Obama Administration Apologizes for Another National Security Leak
“Can you imagine if things were reversed and somebody did that to the U.S.?"
- Is The White House Obscuring the Truth?
What did the president know and when did he know it?
- Dear American Consumers: Please Don t Start Eating Healthfully. Sincerely, the Food Industry
Dear American Consumers: Please Don t Start Eating Healthfully. Sincerely, the Food Industry
- North Korean pirates seize Chinese hostages, demand a ransom
• A daily summary of global reports on security issues.