If Apple (AAPL) does come close to selling 10 million iPad minis in the fourth quarter of 2012, it could push total iPad sales up to the 30 million mark for the holiday season. As AppleInsider writes, RBC Capital analyst Amit Daryanani has projected that Apple will sell 21.6 million 9.7-inch iPad models and 8 million 7.85-inch iPad models over the fourth quarter of 2012, meaning total iPad sales for Q4 would hit 29.6 million. Daryanani says that launching the iPad mini would provide Apple with a “$2-billion net benefit,” which obviously gives Apple a pretty strong incentive to release a smaller version of its popular tablet.
Explore Related Content
- Panel for next-gen iPad purportedly leaks, shows iPad mini design …
- Leaked purported next-gen iPad panel confirms iPad mini design …
- iPhone 5S release reportedly pushed back to October
- Hot dog seller Nathan's Famous 4Q profit up 44 pct
- BlackBerry comeback kicks into high gear
- Completely redesigned iPad to launch in Q3, Retina iPad mini …
- Amira's 4Q profit up on strong demand
More Tech News
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
NEW YORK (AP) — Apparently, Men's Wearhouse Inc. doesn't like the way its founder looks anymore.
- Astor son who swindled millionaire mother headed to NY prison
By Francesca Trianni NEW YORK (Reuters) - Anthony Marshall, the only child of late millionaire philanthropist Brooke Astor, has been a Broadway producer, a decorated war hero and U.S. diplomat and is set to add prison inmate to his life story. On Thursday, barring a last-minute reprieve, Marshall will be known by the number on his New York State Corrections Department identification card when he begins serving a one- to three-year sentence for siphoning millions of dollars from his ailing mother incapacitated by dementia. ...
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Video shows Justin Bieber running into a photographer with his white Ferrari in Hollywood, but police say there was no crime and the injuries aren't life-threatening.
- Playmate admits helping boyfriend in US illegally
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — A former Playboy Playmate has admitted helping her Canadian boyfriend after he illegally entered the United States in northern New York last summer.
- Charlie Sheen Really Did Get Selma Blair Fired
Today in celebrity news: Selma Blair is off Anger Management, Paula Deen said some pretty bad things, and Adam Levine has a perfume.
- 6 Tips to Become a Master Communicator at Work
According to this year's annual job outlook survey by the National Association of Colleges and Employers, the No. 1 skill employers seek from 2013 grads is the "ability to verbally communicate with persons inside and outside the organization."