Former supermodel Cindy Crawford's 10-year-old daughter, Kaia Gerber, is following in her famous mom's footsteps, according to Shine. The mini-Cindy recently signed on as a model for the Young Versace Campaign.
Here are some facts on some of the youngest former models.
* In 1957, Carol Lynley was a popular teen model. According to Seventeen Magazine, the then-15-year-old prepared for her photo shoot by eating a head of lettuce, a pound of grapes and three green peppers -- plus she brought a "waist cinch" belt to make her waist smaller. Lynley went on to be a successful actress.
* In the 1960s, the doe-eyed Twiggy was all the rage. But she wasn't just another pretty face. The teen parlayed her modeling stint into a career that included acting and singing on the big screen and stage. Harper's Bazaar named her one of the Best Models of All Time.
* By age 12, Brooke Shields was a model and actress who starred as a child prostitute in the movie "Pretty Baby." But that was just the beginning of a career that would last for decades. (She also made time to get her degree from Princeton.) In 1978, Shields told People, "I'm a working 13-year-old, but my mom makes sure I have a childhood too."
* 1980s fashion model Gia Carangi was world famous by the age of 18, but she succumbed to the darker side of the modeling world, according to the Philadelphia Daily News. The original supermodel became addicted to heroin and died of AIDS-related complications in 1986.
* In 1987, Milla Jovovich became one of the youngest fashion models ever when she was spotted by photographer Richard Avedon at age 11. According to Jovovich's official bio, Avedon featured her in Revlon's "Most Unforgettable Women in the World" campaign and by age 13 she signed her first professional modeling contract.
* In 2011, eyebrows were raised over a photo of French fashion model Thylane Loubry Blondeau when the 10-year old posed provocatively for a French Vogue cover shoot. According to ABC News, Blondeau reportedly hit the runway for Jean-Paul Gauthier at age 5.
Victoria Leigh Miller is a freelance writer. She has been writing about parenting topics since 2001.