In a press release on Friday, the S&P Dow Jones Indices announced changes to the S&P 100, S&P 500, MidCap 400 and S&P SmallCap gap indices to take effect following the close on March 21.
Keurig Green Mountain, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMCR), currently in the S&P MidCap 400, will replace WPX Energy, Inc. (NYSE: WPX) in the S&P 500. WPX Energy will take Keurig Green Mountain's space in the S&P MidCap 400.
Matson, Inc. (NYSE: MATX) and Kate Spade & Company (NYSE: KATE) will switch places in their S&P categories. S&P MidCap 400 constituent Matson will replace Kate Spade in the S&P SmallCap 600. Kate Spade will likewise take Matson's S&P MidCap 400 space.
Ahead of the press release, shares of Kate Spade have trended higher over the past month, gaining more than 20 percent. Shares of Keurig Green Mountain are up over the last four or five days and up nearly 50% since announcing a deal with Coke.
- UPDATE: GM Announces Three New Recalls, Cites Barra's Request for Comprehensive Internal Safety Review Amid Ignition-Switch Recall
- Markets Enter Unknown Territory as U.S, EU Begin Imposing Sanctions On Russia
- UPDATE: Sky-Mobi Announces Partnership with China Unicom
© 2014 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.
- Personal Investing Ideas & Strategies
- Investment & Company Information
- American Electric Power Co., Inc.
- Kate Spade