Khloe Kardashian's days as co-host of "The X Factor" are officially over.
As had been rumored, the reality star will not return for the upcoming third season of the Fox reality series, the network announced on Monday.
"Khloe Kardashian will not be returning to host The X Factor," a spokesperson for the show told Access Hollywood on Monday. "We really enjoyed working with her and wish her all the best in her future endeavors."
Backstage after the Season 2 finale, Khloe xpressed her desire to return for another season.
"Of course I do. Who wouldn't?" she said at the time. "It's a party!"
While Khloe is out, Fox announced Mario Lopez will return for Season 3. As far as plans to replace Khloe, all of that remains undecided at this time.
"No decisions have been made on replacements, but everyone on the show loved working with Khloe. It was clear Simon and Khloe had fun on the show together," the spokesperson added.
Auditions for Season 3 of "The X Factor" are currently underway.
Copyright 2013 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Arts & Entertainment
- Khloe Kardashian