Competition has been a vital force in the evolution of life on Earth, but it has not acted alone. Cooperation, too, has played an essential part. So argues mathematical biologist Martin Nowak of Harvard University in the cover story of the July 2012 issue of Scientific American. The slide show below pictures some of the many creatures known to assist those in need.
- National Weather Service gets big computing boost Reuters - Wed, May 15, 2013
- Rocket blasts off from Florida carrying new GPS satellite Reuters - Wed, May 15, 2013
- NASA telescope's planet-hunting days may be over Reuters - Wed, May 15, 2013
- Genetic Testing Guidelines Under Fire LiveScience.com - 19 hrs ago
- World's Smallest Liquid Droplets Created in Atom Smasher LiveScience.com - Sat, May 18, 2013
- Swine Flu Found in Elephant Seals LiveScience.com - Sat, May 18, 2013
- Human Cloning? Stem Cell Advance Reignites Ethics Debate LiveScience.com - Sat, May 18, 2013