Leonardo DiCaprio Oscar Hoax Fools Twitter
Did Leonardo DiCaprio finally win an Oscar? According to a photo circulating around Twitter, the five-time nominee is going to take home an Academy Award for The Wolf Of Wall Street.
— Joseph Robinow (@Joerobinow) February 10, 2014
Yahoo News notes that the screenshot comes from a real CNN broadcast. The news network ran a special last week showing how Oscar statues were made. One shot showed a close up of the name plate and several viewers noticed Leonardo DiCaprio’s name on the Best Actor statue.
But that doesn’t mean that the Academy has already decided on a winner. In fact, the final round of voting doesn’t even start until later this month.
The Academy creates a nameplate for every nominee in preparation for the big night. The winning nameplates get attached to the statues while the rest get recycled for next year.
So no, Leonardo DiCaprio did not win an Oscar this year.
Leo never wins…
More Social articles from Business 2 Community:
- Measuring the Impact of a LinkedIn Status Message
- Social Media Vs. SEO - What’s More Important For Small Businesses
- The Best Ways To Find B2B Customers In 2014 (Infographic)
- Social Media Is Word Of Mouth Marketing
- Understanding Your Social Media Audience To Grow Your Brand
- Arts & Entertainment
- Leonardo DiCaprio