TUNIS, Tunisia (AP) — The lawyer for a Tunisian suspect in the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya says the legal team has asked that any interviews by the FBI be carried out in the presence of attorneys in a judge's office.
The presiding judge in the case gave permission last week for the FBI to question Ali Harzi over the Sept. 11 attack on the consulate in Benghazi that resulted in the death of the U.S. ambassador, but the suspect refused to speak with the Americans.
Anwar Oued-Ali, one of Harzi's attorneys, said they told the judge Monday they were ready to cooperate, but any interview has to take place with attorneys and in the judge's chambers, rather than on police premises.
Oued-Ali said Wednesday the judge's decision was expected Thursday.
- Politics & Government
- Crime & Justice