The Windows PC version of Capy Games' run-and-gun, time-twisting side-scroller Super Time Force is coming to Steam on Aug. 25, bringing with it new challenges, new powers and new playable characters. Two of those new characters look like they're from Valve's Team Fortress 2.
Super Time Force Ultra will expand upon the Xbox 360 and Xbox One versions of the game with 50 new Helladeck challenge levels, the Ultra Force alternate dimension power and three new playable characters. Capy hasn't revealed officially what those characters are, but two of the silhouettes seen in the above trailer are unmistakable: the Pyro from Team Fortress 2 and Saxton Hale, star of Team Fortress comics and proprietor of TF2's in-game store.
The third, wielding dual pistols and a ponytail, bears a striking resemblance to Tomb Raider's Lara Croft. (She doesn't really resemble Team Fortress 2's other women: Ms. Pauling and the Announcer.)
Valve has a history of letting other game developers borrow its Team Fortress characters for promotional purposes. The Pyro appears in games like Dungeon Defenders, Killing Floor and Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed.
More from polygon.com:
- Here's why I won't be playing Journey on PlayStation 4
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coming to Steam (update)
- Mass surveillance, Watch Dogs and the militarized police: When strapping cameras on people is a good idea
- A new Silent Hill is coming from Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro
- The new Silent Hill is designed to 'make you shit your pants,' Kojima says
- P.T. is a new interactive horror game for PlayStation 4 and you can try it now (update)
- playable characters
- Team Fortress 2
- Super Time Force
- Team Fortress