Prepaid wireless carrier MetroPCS (PCS) is said to have held talks with Sprint (S), T-Mobile and Dish Network (DISH) over a potential buyout or merger. According to DealReporter some of the talks are ongoing. Potential buyout rumors have benefited MetroPCS’ stock, which has increased almost 40% in the past year. Analysts have previously speculated that such a transaction is a possibility, although it is seen as more likely that Sprint would purchase the carrier rather than T-Mobile, which operates its network using a different technology. MetroPCS has more than 9.5 million subscribers and operates the country’s sixth-largest mobile network.
- With Russian help, Europe prepares to search for life on Mars Reuters - 18 hrs ago
- NASA wants backyard astronomers to help track asteroids Reuters - Tue, Jun 18, 2013
- Beetles, housefly larvae open new frontier in animal feed sector Reuters - 22 hrs ago
- Gay Marriage Rulings May Raise New Questions for Couples LiveScience.com - 33 mins ago
- What Causes Obesity? Answer May Affect Your Waistline LiveScience.com - 1 hr 54 mins ago
- American Businesses Embrace Chinese Marketing Secret LiveScience.com - 2 hrs 1 min ago
- The Number One Reason Most Entrepreneurs Start Businesses LiveScience.com - 2 hrs 1 min ago