More than a dozen reports to date have suggested Microsoft’s (MSFT) next-generation Xbox console will launch ahead of the holidays next year, and Bloomberg now becomes the latest publication to chime in. Citing multiple unnamed sources, Dina Bass and Ian King report that the new console will launch in time for the Thanksgiving and Christmas shopping rushes. They also claim Microsoft hasn’t yet decided whether it will unveil the console at next year’s E3 gaming expo or at a dedicated press conference. Earlier reports stated that Microsoft’s next-generation Xbox will feature a quad-core processor, 8GB of RAM, a Blu-ray disc drive, Kinect 2.0 and a redesigned controller, though no details surrounding the new console have been confirmed at this point.
Explore Related Content
- Xbox One seen selling for $399, PlayStation 4 possibly priced …
- The new consoles from Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony
- Microsoft launching redesigned Xbox 360
- Poll: How much would you pay for an Xbox One or PlayStation …
- Xbox One’s $499 prce tag called ‘dangerous’
- Xbox One available in November for $499
- Microsoft prices Xbox at $499 for November launch
More Tech News
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
NEW YORK (AP) — Apparently, Men's Wearhouse Inc. doesn't like the way its founder looks anymore.
- Astor son who swindled millionaire mother headed to NY prison
By Francesca Trianni NEW YORK (Reuters) - Anthony Marshall, the only child of late millionaire philanthropist Brooke Astor, has been a Broadway producer, a decorated war hero and U.S. diplomat and is set to add prison inmate to his life story. On Thursday, barring a last-minute reprieve, Marshall will be known by the number on his New York State Corrections Department identification card when he begins serving a one- to three-year sentence for siphoning millions of dollars from his ailing mother incapacitated by dementia. ...
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Video shows Justin Bieber running into a photographer with his white Ferrari in Hollywood, but police say there was no crime and the injuries aren't life-threatening.
- Playmate admits helping boyfriend in US illegally
SYRACUSE, N.Y. (AP) — A former Playboy Playmate has admitted helping her Canadian boyfriend after he illegally entered the United States in northern New York last summer.
- Charlie Sheen Really Did Get Selma Blair Fired
Today in celebrity news: Selma Blair is off Anger Management, Paula Deen said some pretty bad things, and Adam Levine has a perfume.
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder and exec. chairman
Men's Wearhouse Inc. has dismissed its founder and executive chairman George Zimmer. In a terse release issued Wednesday, the company didn't give a reason for the abrupt firing of Zimmer, who built Men's ...