The Ice Bucket Challenge is making its way through the gaming industry and has soaked another participant: Minecraft creator Markus "Notch" Persson.
The Ice Bucket Challenge dares someone to take a bucket of ice water over their head or donate money toward fighting ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease (though many opt to do both). Once challenged, a person only has 24 hours to fulfill the dare. Notable participants in the past include Martha Stewart, Conan O'Brien, Chris Pratt, Steven Spielberg and Nathan Fillion.
Persson's challenge came by way of Elon Musk, CEO and CTO of SpaceX and chief product architect of Tesla Motors; Musk's five sons selected Persson, Tony Hawk and Johnny Depp. Musk himself was nominated by Bill Gates, who was called out by Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg.
Persson challenged game designer Cliff Bleszinski, Activision-Blizzard CEO Bobby Kotick and Xbox head Phil Spencer. Check out the video above to see Minecraft's creator complete his challenge.
More from polygon.com:
- Here's why I won't be playing Journey on PlayStation 4
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain coming to Steam (update)
- Mass surveillance, Watch Dogs and the militarized police: When strapping cameras on people is a good idea
- A new Silent Hill is coming from Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro
- The new Silent Hill is designed to 'make you shit your pants,' Kojima says
- P.T. is a new interactive horror game for PlayStation 4 and you can try it now (update)
- Elon Musk