In less than two weeks, more than half of all iPhones are now running Apple’s (AAPL) latest operating system. According to the latest numbers from online advertising network Chitika, the growth rate of iOS 6 among iPhone users has reached 60%, compared to 45% on the iPad and 39% on the iPod touch. The firm notes that iPod touch devices are far more likely to encounter fragmentation due to the large number of first and second-generation devices that are unable to be updated past iOS 4. Unlike iPhones, which users tend to refresh every two years, iPods usually have a longer life cycle. The data come from a sample of millions of mobile ad impressions on the Chitika Ad network collected from September 18th to October 1st. Additional images follow below.
Explore Related Content
- iOS 7 beta now available for download
- Apple says iOS 7 will launch to the public this fall
- Android isn’t ‘winning’ the smartphone war – and neither is …
- New iOS 7 iPad interface revealed in leaked screenshots
- Apple revamps look of iPhone, iPad software
- Your iPhone can be hacked with a malicious charger
- Music service, mobile software expected from Apple
- iPhone getting new look, operating …KTRK – Houston
More Tech News
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Prison for Ohio woman who buried mom in yard
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — A woman who quit her job to care for her elderly mother felt at a loss to support herself when the older woman died so she buried her in the yard of their Florida home and lived off her mother's Social Security checks for 14 years, her lawyers and federal authorities say.
- Police: Paraplegic castrated at Philly facility
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — A 41-year-old man is being held on $5 million bail after police say he castrated a paraplegic during a dispute at an assisted living facility in Philadelphia.
- Brothers run at bear to save younger sister
A family had a close encounter with a bear while celebrating Father's Day during a camping trip in Wyoming, NBC-2 reports. The Kelly family had a relaxing Sunday morning breakfast, but apparently they didn't clean up as well as they initially thought. According to NBC-2, a bit of bacon grease was still on the campground [...]
- Pa. guardsman sues Target over 'no show' firing
A member of the Pennsylvania Army National Guard has sued Target Corp., saying he was wrongly fired from one of the chain's Pittsburgh-area stores for violating its "no-call, no-show" policy ...
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Father sentenced for binding kids outside Wal-Mart
LAWRENCE, Kan. (AP) — A suburban Chicago man was sentenced Wednesday to 30 months in prison for binding and blindfolding two of his children a year ago in a Wal-Mart parking lot in eastern Kansas.
- Ousted founder of Men's Wearhouse fights back
NEW YORK (AP) — George Zimmer, the ousted founder and executive chairman of Men's Wearhouse, says Wednesday he was dismissed after he and the company's board disagreed about how it should look.