In keeping with its tradition of locking devices, Motorola revealed on Tuesday that its newly announced smartphone, the ATRIX HD, will include a locked bootloader. “Motorola ATRIX HD at AT&T will have a locked bootloader to meet requirements,” the company confirmed on Twitter. Motorola did, however, tease the arrival of its long-awaited HTC-like bootloader unlocking tool. “Our goal is still to provide a way to unlock the bootloaders on our devices to those who wish to do so, more details to come,” the company wrote. The ATRIX HD features a 4.5-inch ColorBoost 720p HD display, a 1.5GHz dual-core processor, an 8-megapixel camera, a 720p front-facing camera and 4G LTE connectivity. The handset will be available from AT&T on July 15th for $99.
Explore Related Content
- HTC One mini rumored to launch in July
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom is Half-Camera, Half-Smartphone
- Samsung’s 16-megapixel Galaxy S4 Zoom pictured in new leak
- Galaxy S4 Active confirmed for AT&T
- Jelly Bean is now on one-third of all Android devices
- AT&T to sell BlackBerry Q10 for $200, preorders start June 5 …
- Samsung Galaxy S4 Active launches June 21st on AT&T for $199 …
More Tech News
- Pilot showcases stunning photos taken from plane’s cockpit
Dubai-based pilot Karim Nafatni has posted several pictures that provide a stunning view from inside a commercial cockpit at 37,000 feet. Nafatni told the website PetaPixel that he began bringing his Nikon D300s aboard flights when he worked as first officer to capture images from inside his own unique version of an “office.” Nafatni's website [...]
- Greg Louganis To Tie The Knot This Fall
Olympian Greg Louganis is engaged.
- McDonald's Worker Says She Was Required to Receive Pay on Fee-Laden Debit Card
Pa. McDonald's Worker Files Class Action Suit for Receiving Wages Through Debit Cards
- Ventura wants 'American Sniper' lawsuit to proceed
Attorneys for former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura asked a federal judge Monday to allow his defamation lawsuit against slain "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle to go forward with Kyle's widow ...
- Ga. radio hosts fired; mocked ex-player with ALS
ATLANTA (AP) — The cast of an Atlanta sports radio show has been fired after mocking a former NFL player who has Lou Gehrig's disease, a station official said Monday.
- Bear mauls Alaska man who gave it barbecue meat
ANCHORAGE, Alaska (AP) — A black bear mauled a man at a campground in Alaska, but the animal won't likely threaten other people, the state Department of Fish and Game said.
- Miss Utah's Pageant Answer Is the Worst You've Ever Seen
The only time normal people seem to care about national beauty pageants is when one of the contestants messes up the question-and-answer round in the worst way possible. Well, it happened again last night at the Miss USA pageant, with Miss Utah giving an answer so bad that it eclipsed all other terrible pageant answers before her. Meet 21-year-old Marissa Powell. She is from Salt Lake City. And this is the full, cringe-worthy sequence you will be seeing a lot of this week:
- Jack in the Box to close 67 Qdoba sites
Jack in the Box Inc. said Monday that it will close 67 company owned Qdoba Mexican Grill restaurants by the end of September. The restaurant chain said it reviewed the market performance for its Qdoba ...