National Stay at Home Because You're Well Day
I've always thought it was a real shame to waste your sick days on being sick. Today's a day that celebrates that exact sentiment -- it's "Stay at Home Because You're Well Day!" But if you want to take today off just to have some fun, here are some things you shouldn't do:
* Go to lunch at the office hangout
* Go to a televised sports event.
* Get a spray tan.
* Post pictures of your day's fun on Facebook.
Computer Security Day
There's no doubt that computers save us time and energy. But along with all the advantages, they present some security risks that we haven't had before. Today is "Computer Security Day," and it's the perfect time to spend a few minutes making sure your identity and personal information are safe.
Here are some things you can do today to celebrate this logical holiday:
* Don't save passwords or credit card information when given the option. It may make doing business online a bit more difficult or time consuming, but the added security is worth the extra effort.
* Lock your screen and require a password to go beyond the screensaver. This prevents anyone else from using your computer and seeing information that's not meant for their eyes.
* Check your security settings and make sure they are all set to provide optimum security.
* Install all Operating System and anti-virus updates.
International Sweater Vestival
The second Friday after Thanksgiving is always "International Sweater Vestival." So get ready to wow your friends, family and co-workers with your impeccable sense of knitted fashion.
Sweater vests have been around for ages, but became particularly popular during the 1970s as a men's fashion trend. Since then they have become fashionable with women as well, partly due to their versatility and mix-match options with so many other types of apparel.
Celebrities like Steve Carell, sports stars like Mike Ditka and even presidential candidates like Rick Santorum have all rocked the sweater vest. Today's your day to show them some love.
National Mousse Day
When you think of the word "mousse," your mind might automatically roam to whipped cream and chocolate. But a mousse can be lightened with either whipped cream or beaten egg whites. They can be sweet or savory, and can be served hot or cold.
Today is "National Mousse Day," and to celebrate you can whip up a light, airy mousse of your own. Need a good recipe? Check these out from Yahoo! Shine.
- Holidays & Celebrations