According to CEO Joe Kennedy, Pandora has surpassed 150 million users in the United States and is the second most downloaded app in the history of Apple’s App Store, CNET reported on Wednesday. The Internet radio service has big plans for the future and is working with automakers to integrate the service into virtually all future vehicles. “We truly believe this is just the beginning,” Kennedy said at the CTIA Wireless trade show in New Orleans. Over the past year, the company has faced increased competition from streaming service Spotify, however it doesn’t seem to have affected Pandora’s continued growth.
Explore Related Content
- Apple unveils music streaming service
- Pandora shares fall ahead of Apple announcement
- Pandora shares fall on Apple reports
- Apple’s iTunes Radio is finally here! Time to start your free …
- Apple's Streaming Music Service Set for Launch, Says Report
- Music service, mobile software expected from Apple
- Apple to sell audio ads on 'iRadio' music service: sources
More Tech News
- Sean Parker Is Sad Over His $4.5 Million Wedding Because of 'Eco-Terrorists'
Contrary to everything reality television has taught us, extremely lavish nuptials won't make you any happier — or, at least Internet mogul and noted partier Sean Parker does not sound too delighted after his $4.5 million ecological mess of a costume nerd wedding earlier this month. "My wife and I should be happy right now, elated to have been married," he told The Guardian's Paul Harris. That's especially true since everyone knows the dollar amount spent on a wedding directly correlates with happiness, right? And Parker spent at least $4. ...
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
Apparently, Men's Wearhouse Inc. doesn't like the way its founder looks anymore. In a terse release issued Wednesday, Men's Wearhouse said it has fired the face of the company and its executive chairman, ...
- Man charged with tossing wife off cruise ship
SANTA ANA, Calif. (AP) — A California grand jury has indicted a Florida man on charges he strangled his ex-wife and tossed her off a cruise ship in Italy.
- Analyst downgrades American Eagle Outfitters
American Eagle Outfitters is facing tough competition at the mall for basics like T-shirts and shorts, a Citi Investment Research analyst said Wednesday, and he downgraded the stock to "Neutral" ...
- Judge: 650+ farm workers entitled to know wages
A federal judge has ruled that a class of more than 650 farm workers should have had information about wages and other job conditions disclosed to them by the company that hired them. U.S. District Court ...
- W.Va. man indicted on charges of threatening Obama
ELKINS, W.Va. (AP) — A West Virginia man has been indicted on charges he threatened to kill President Barack Obama and the first family in a letter filled with profanity and racial slurs.
- Kim and Kanye's Baby Name Is Not That Strange
It's being reported that rapper Kanye West and his reality star girlfriend Kim Kardashian have named their brand-new baby, born this weekend, Kaidence Donda West. Donda was Kanye's late mother's name, so that makes sense, but, um, Kaidence? What's going on with Kaidence?
- Bieber behind wheel as car hits man in Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Video shows Justin Bieber running into a photographer with his white Ferrari in Hollywood, but police say there was no crime and the injuries aren't life-threatening.